Small Avet Dog Mechanism

Started by mike1010, March 31, 2015, 09:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike1010

Quote from: Keta on April 01, 2015, 02:48:37 PM
Quote from: mike1010 on April 01, 2015, 02:42:40 PM
Quote from: Keta on April 01, 2015, 02:10:17 PM
More contact surface and the Avet "spring" grabs and pulls the actuator arm, the ABU is 100% friction.

Not sure I agree about the actuator arm.  It does not generate any force; that still comes all from friction.  The arm does direct that force to be effective, though.

The spring not the arm, the arm just transfers the force.

But it is still 100% friction, with the spring contributing to it just like the ears (which are springs) on the Ambassadeur dog.

Keta

Far more friction and the spring tightens around the hub as more force in put on it.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mike1010

Quote from: Keta on April 01, 2015, 03:16:08 PM
Far more friction and the spring tightens around the hub as more force in put on it.

Sure, more friction, but I don't see the spring tightening around the hub.  When activated, the arm moves in against the hub, which may give the appearance of the spring tightening, but it isn't.

Keta

The "spring" is not really a spring,  it tightens on the hub as the hub turns.  The more turning the tighter it gets.  the ears on an ABU type AR are all friction.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain