Umbrella Rig alternative

Started by STRIPER LOU, April 09, 2015, 09:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Hi All, you may be using these already but if not and hate to troll umbrella rigs, it might be an alternative to consider. We get a period of sand eels starting late july thru the end of august. When this happens, the Bass and Blues get keyed up on them and its all they want to eat. I tried the smaller 4 arm jobs and they're OK but I really like these the best. They just get rid of all the bulk.
About 10" across, and for the past couple of years have worked out well. I've landed fish up to 30lbs on them but I think the big guy was watching over me that day and got her in OK.
Also caught some fairly big double header Blues. Rig came back mangled, straighten it out and back in the water again. Made by Bomber (BSW TAG TEAM) (BSWTT2) and at times can be found on ebay at a fair price. They are meant to be Cast but I've never tried that.
I've used them with 4" shads and grubs, and also with my own bucktails tipped with Captain Bruce otter tails. These tails are the best alternative to Pork Rind and nearly indestructible.

Sometimes even on the early run, and they don't seem to be chewin, you need to change it up, and at times this has been the ticket. Hope I didn't bore you but I was getting a few ready and thought someone might be interested.
.....................................Lou

BMITCH

Good stuff Lou. Thanks for sharing. We'll be usin these any day now ;D
luck is the residue of design.

Doug

Thanks for sharing Lou  may come in handy soon   Doug