Newell 533 3.2

Started by Newell Nut, April 10, 2015, 05:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Tom
The reel worked perfect on the water today with a couple nice mangos. No issues and very smooth in and out of gear.

Dwight

Tightlines667

Dwight,
Good to hear you enjoyed another great day out on the big blue.  No pics though?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Newell Nut

Pics are on my wife's phone so maybe tomorrow.

Newell Nut

Quote from: Tightlines666 on May 29, 2015, 12:56:21 AM
Dwight,
Good to hear you enjoyed another great day out on the big blue.  No pics though?

Alto Mare

Great shots Dwight! Nice of Elli to share her string with you, so your fish wouldn't look too lonely ;) ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Mac53

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 30, 2015, 02:29:12 AM
Great shots Dwight! Nice of Elli to share her string with you, so your fish wouldn't look too lonely ;) ;D

That's gonna leave a mark!  LOL 😉

Newell Nut

We whacked them again today. Elli and I had too big ones on at the same time which was cool.

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal

Newell Nut

Put Tom's creation to a good test yesterday and caught two 8 foot nurse sharks and 15 grouper on the west coast. The reel performed perfectly again as expected. No pics by me but the mate has them on his facebook. If I can get them I will post later.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Newell Nut on July 10, 2015, 11:54:08 AM
Put Tom's creation to a good test yesterday and caught two 8 foot nurse sharks and 15 grouper on the west coast. The reel performed perfectly again as expected. No pics by me but the mate has them on his facebook. If I can get them I will post later.

Nice work!  Its good to hear the reel performed as advertised.  Sometime you should post some pictures of some of your reels after a hard season of catching.  Be interesting to see what wear or water intrusion (if any) you get on these reels. 

I've been perusimg some local shorecaster stuff lately.  Almost everyone has Newells.  Unfortunately many abuse them, and are not maintaining them properly.  You see many run to the point where they won't function properly before they crack em open for a full service.  I guess its a testament to the quality, and design of these reels.  They can get fished hard year after year, and still function as advertised.
Hope springs eternal

Newell Nut

Capt Als newels are the most abused that I have ever seen and I clean them once a year. Nothing ever wrong other than filthy.

My first Newell was bought in 1992 and washed after every use. It was opened for the first time 3 or 4 years ago and no surprises. I have tinkered with it and upgraded drags and bearings and Tom's parts. My grandson will have this reel some day and all the others stashed away for him.

After 92 trips last year there was really nothing noticed when I opened my reels and nothing mechanically wrong with Al's reels either. Just nasty.

Cortez_Conversions

I finally got around to making a few of these.
I used two spools that Dwight loaned me. There is a few thou difference in the dimensions, so you may need to polish the ID of the sleeve, and/or the spool shaft and especially the flats on which the pinion locks onto.
Dwight, how many do you want?
Bryan, do you still want 4?
$10.00 each plus a couple bucks for shipping.... Thanks!

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Bryan Young

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on July 16, 2015, 01:13:34 AM
I used two spools that Dwight loaned me. There is a few thou difference in the dimensions, so you may need to polish the ID of the sleeve, and/or the spool shaft and especially the flats on which the pinion locks onto.

Hi Tom

I will still take 4.  Thank you.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Newell Nut

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on July 16, 2015, 01:13:34 AM

Tom
I would be happy to take 4 more if you have them.

Dwight

jigmaster501

Do you have anymore of these left?

Thanks