Pacific Halibut-Hippoglossus Stenolepis

Started by whalebreath, April 13, 2015, 12:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whalebreath

Well our trip to Vancouver Island was a success despite some very rough seas, I'll spare you the usual pics of dead bodies and instead on this thread I'll put up a few pics of how  Pacific Halibut is often prepared here on Canada's west coast.

There are Halibut cheeks and Yes they come from the head of the fish-Halibut of course have broad flat heads so there's lots of cheek meat-as you can see it has a bit different texture and overall is a bit sweeter taste-these have some Thai sweet chili sauce dribbled on as shown & are simply broiled-ambrosial!

Tightlines667

Drool.....
Now I am really hungry.  Is there any way you can overnight a doggie bag to HI?  I'd be happy to pay shipping costs  :)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

ChileRelleno

Oh yum, I bet those cheeks make for fantastic sashimi.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Ron Jones

sashimi = bait!
Please don't do the halibut the injustice of not having the decency to take the time to cook it. ;D
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dominick

Hey whale breath.  Show some photos of the fish.  Those were big cheeks.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

wallacewt

the 2nd pic looks like they are bleeding,boo-hoo :D

steelfish

The Baja Guy