Sale on USA Made Penn 6/0 114HL

Started by johndtuttle, April 16, 2015, 02:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johndtuttle

Didn't know where else to put this from Steve Carson:

"Several cases found of "loose" [no box] "Made in USA" Penn 114HL 6/0 Senators for $80 while they last.
https://www.ffo-tackle.com/detail.cfm?PassProdId=7121

only a few left

SGT K

Has anyone purchased anything from here before?  Are they good to go?

Shark Hunter

I took a quick look Sarge and this is the deal breaker for me. "Shipping costs will be 20% of the total with a minimum of $25 USD" plus there is sales tax in my state. That is still a fair price, but I would rather buy used and refurb it myself.
Life is Good!

SGT K

Hey shark hunter!

Thanks for the info, I did not look that far into it.  I agree with you on refurbishing instead of buying new.  I would really like to find either a 114hlw senator, or a 900h sealine. I love my 450h sealine, but line capacity is a bit small for sharking off the sand.  I have a big senator for deep drops, but would like something with a little more line capacity and brakes.  I see you post quit a bit here, and if you hear of someone selling something like that, I'd really appreciate a pm.  Or maybe point me in the right direction to where reels are for sale. Any help would be great!  I got the rebuild old conventional reel's to shark fish bug bad!

Semper Fi,
Steve

Shark Hunter

That looks like a 10 or 12/0 next to your head. With the recent upgrades coming out. It will have all the brakes you can handle. ;D
I recently put a new insert kit in a 12/0 with a stainless sleeve and double dogs. It can hold 1000 yards of 100lb mono. It will double the 12/0 drag capability and then some. The inserts and the sleeves are going to be available soon. If you need more that 1000 yards, you can back it with hollow core, but that is plenty for me.
Life is Good!

theluckpusher

Hey  SGT K

I think you would like my favorite Med Shark fishing reel --- a Penn 114 with the extra wide super six spool aka(black marlin kit)

the spool is 3 1/2" long and it is a very easy reel to handle with extra line capacity --- and it you go 7 to 1 drag or Motive Fab insert drag kit you will get the drag braking power your looking for !!!
"To Hell with Luck, I'll bring the Luck with Me." ---Hemingway

SGT K

Shark hunter,

Yes that is a 12/0, and I would love to get a stainless sleeve for it.  I just got done going threw it again and fit an 8 plus 1 in it.  It is really smooth now and it measured more drag than the reel can handle. Do the stainless steel post's make the reel stronger?  If so, I would like a set of ss post's, ss sleeve, and ss dog. With those mods I wouldn't be afraid to use the drag to its full potential.  I put a 14/0 handle on it so the ss sleeve would be awesome. When is this kit coming out?
     Right now the reel has 1600yds of 100# power pro, and a 100yd top shot of 130# momoi.  Im liking your idea more about putting 6-800yds of hollow and fill the rest with 100-130 mono.  The power pro came on the reel, so I just used it.  I have experienced a few breaks fishing braid.  I think from shells, rocks, and whatever else is on the bottom of Tampa Bay LOL!

Luck Pusher,

Nice reel! Are you selling that, or just showing? The marlin kit looks expensive! Is that a frame/spool kit? That is something I could see my self using for sure. Im hoping I have a good season up North this summer so I can buy some new toys this fall.  I can't wait to get back to Florida in October for the winter!  I caught the shark fishing bug bad!

Shark Hunter

Steve,
It is speculated that the ss posts makes the reel stronger. They are inexpensive and a great upgrade to just have more stainless. ;)
I buy mine from this guy. He ships really quick and the price is cheaper than a stock replacement set.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-STAINLES-STEEL-FRAME-POSTS-for-PENN-REEL-116-12-0-LIFETIME-WARRANTY-NICE-/121432624135?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c45f2cc07
As far as the stainless sleeves. They are being made as we speak.
Here is the post on those.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13225.0
Keta, aka Lee makes the stainless dogs. I probably have one I could spare.
Daron

Life is Good!

SGT K

Thanks for the info Shark Hunter.  I posted that I would like to purchase a ss sleeve, I will wait for a reply.  How will a ss dog make it stronger?  Of all the reels I have taken apart I have never felt the need to replace the dog.  I would hate to damage the brass sleeve.  Never mind, lol, if I get a ss sleeve there would be no damage. As for the post's, I might try to make some over the summer.  If not I will definitely hit that guy up on eBay.  Those are very reasonably priced.

Shark Hunter

A Brass dog will wear out quicker on a stainless sleeve. I double dog mine. That makes it stronger.
Life is Good!

SGT K

shark hunter,

My brain thinks faster than I can type.  I understand why you can't mix the metal's.  I just didn't explain my self correctly.  Nice set up!  When are you down in Florida? I read somewhere that you said you fish in the pan handle.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Maxed Out

$80 is good price even with the high shipping for a nice 114H :)
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

shamus161

They must have read Steves comments about shipping.

9.00 shipping
5.00 tax

$94.00 for a Penn 114HL is a very good price since they are supposed to be new!

Regards.

shamus161

Wow.....only 3 reels left in their inventory.  They went fast!!