32/0 Penn Senator on EBAY !

Started by Phinaddict, December 09, 2010, 07:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phinaddict

Hey all,
Want a good chuckle, see the Penn 32/0 Senator on Ebay. Custom made. Looks pretty cool.

Dom ...you paying attention here?  :D
The Two Rules of Success:
1. Don't tell everything you know

broadway

Phin,

Wow!! That thing is the beast of the east... thanks for bringing it to my attention.  It looks bad! (Hey, it's not a curse any more they say it on channel 4 at primetime) :D  Did you watch the video where he says he wants to catch a 2,000lb. shark from the pier or from the surf?  a one ton shark wouldn't even know he was hooked with the drag of a 14/0 even with the 2 miles of line on his custom spool... not to mention the side plates would melt right off the reel. Wonder what hook he's using for his ton 'er,               probably a gamakatsu 9/0 octopus hook  ;D.  Hey, gotta give him credit, especially for making a spool... from what I'm told it's not an easy task or cheap to cut and balance a spool properly.  I would love to see that reel in the collection, but for the $5,000 o/bo I can start a new collection ;)  Thanks... I'm going to ebay to look at that behemoth again.
Dom

Roger

I'd have to rob a bank to pay for the line. LOL........

Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Phinaddict

Quote from: broadway on December 09, 2010, 07:39:39 AM

He says he wants to catch a 2,000lb. shark from the pier or from the surf?  
Phin,

I didn't watch the videos...
So let me get this straight. He wants to stand on the beach, hold that hardware and have a go with a ton of shark? Yeah right...that would last 15 minutes if he was 20 years old and buffed. If he were 50 and a skinny as myself, he'd last 5 minutes.

Maybe I got this all wrong. Since he is such a great machinist,  and a creative one at that, perhaps he has a Scoponich fighting chair bolted into the bed of his pickup.  ;D
The Two Rules of Success:
1. Don't tell everything you know

kamuwela

callelk

Quote from: kamuwela on December 09, 2010, 04:15:19 PM
i wonder how far he can cast it

Probably about as far as he can drop it...............

kamuwela

he better clean the grease outta da bearings and use some corrosion-x then. cause that aint too far

Steve-O

The listing shows 14,958 wedding garters, the reel and rod combo for $5 grand OBO, plus some 20/0 circle hook shark rigs, and a nifty shark shaped pool cue case for ONLY $25,000.00

Perhaps the 20/0 hooks are what he will use to get the big one.

Perhaps some of the garters can be strung together to fashion some sort of sling shot to catapult his bait out. ::)

The pics do show a fighting chair of sorts......a lawn chair strapped to a laid down dolly with wheels in the rear and the rig in the front. Don't know that I would want to set a land speed record going off the end of a pier being drug by a ton of angry biting shark. :o

Now the pool cue case is something I could really use after I buy a cue and a table. Please, don't bid against me!! ;D ::)

Steve-O

Bryan Young

Did you guys see his little creation?  The emrod.  Man, with a 4/0 reel, he sure took a long time to bring in that cuda.  Looks like it's just a little better than fishing with a broom stick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNdRlaAPKzY&feature=player_embedded
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Norcal Pescador

Phin,

Wow!! That thing is the beast of the east... thanks for bringing it to my attention.  It looks bad! .....  I would love to see that reel in the collection, but for the $5,000 o/bo I can start a new collection ;)  Thanks... I'm going to ebay to look at that behemoth again.
Dom

Aw, come on Dom! You know your collection won't be complete without the 32/0 East Beast Senator!  ::) :'(

[I haven't forgotten about the photos you asked for.]

Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

broadway

Bryan,

That rod didn't do squat to help catch that fish... he used that 4/0 as a winch.  Did you notice he was using only hand strength to hold that rod due to it's lack of rear grip or fore grip.  He should try the 32/0 on his little "emmrod".  I hope someone has a video camera on that guy day and night cause he looks like a blooper reel waiting to happen.  ;D  

Bryan Young

Rob, I was thinking the same thing.  Dom.  Don't you need one of those?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

Hey Rob and Bryan,

Ya know Christmas is right around the corner... I accept reelly big gifts  ;D ...If I had that kinds dough I'd by a Kovalovsky... hell for that price I could get Alan to make me an Alanovsky  ::)  Love you guys!

Dom

slip tip

Seems to me it would be rather difficult to flyline a 'chovie with.... ;D

Regards,
David
If you kill it, grill it!

Alto Mare

Just happened  to catch this post. All I want to say is, I hope he has heavy duty rod braces or steel tipped shoes  ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.