Daiwa Tatula Type R Drag

Started by Lalo13, April 27, 2015, 02:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lalo13

Having recently bought one of these for bass fishing and taking it apart as per instructions on another thread on this board (thank you very much , you are awesome !) , I discovered that the drag stack I'm used to in my other reels is non existent here , just one giant flat washer and a carbon washer below it and then a thin delrin one  below the main gear , kinda bummed me out .  I realize that this is a small reel but I'm sure that this girly man approach to drags can be modified and made stronger , tougher , hence I ask all of you out there that are tweakers and versed ,  if this is doable or if anyone out there has done it yet , and how ?? Thanks for your time . 

Bryan Young

I don't think you want more drag than that because the only anti-reverse is the one anti-reverse bearing, which I think is good for about 8# of drag maximum. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

MarkT

It's all about surface area and a single large one can get it done. I think my Calcutta 250's are like that.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Lalo13

Thanks guys . You are awesome . !!! I found a video in Youtube that installed 2 carbon washers that were custom cut . I will start there . Thanks again guys !!!!!