My Custom Rod By Dwight (Newell Nut)

Started by fIsHsTiiCkS, April 28, 2015, 12:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fIsHsTiiCkS

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share the new custom built rod I just received from Dwight (Newell Nut). We have been talking about this rod for months, he is pretty backed up. Finally received the Rod today and I have to say it was well worth the wait! I sent him a pic of the reel I am going to match it to and what blank I wanted, then he took care of all the rest.

Here is the reel. Jigmaster "99" all decked out. With ALL SS internals and SS 4:1 gears with Bryans 5+1 stack. This thing is a beast.

Enough about the reel, The rod is what is the main attraction and it is gorgeous!!

Its a Rainshadow RCLB70ML Blank with silver ALPS reel seat and a solid vinyl grip. Dwight wrapped sanded down the grip, above the reel seat, into an hour glass shape then wrapped cord around it before wrapping it with the vinyl wrap. Its a solid grip!!

Placed a fossilized shark tooth and Abalone around the grip, with his custom 150lb SS wire hook keeper.

All spiral wrapped with silver and teal thread with Pac Bay guides and a Fuji SiC Tip.

All around solid 30lb rod and reel setup. This will be my go to setup for most of my fishing out here in SoCal. Thanks again Dwight for a solid rod!

bestout

its beautiful i like the color matching
The monsters in my head are scared......

Shark Hunter

Great looking Rod Jason. Dwight is moving on up! ;)
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Thanks guys, I have learn Italian to get the next one done. ;D

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Marcq

coastal_dan

Wow, well done, that rod and reel pair together perfectly!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...