half moon bay 5/1/2015 - rockcod, first trip, rough day on the water

Started by alantani, May 03, 2015, 03:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

half moon bay 5/1/2015 - rockcod, first trip, rough day on the water

had a guy come over on thursday to drop off a reel, started talking and he said he and a buddy of his were going fishing the next day.  i was telling him that i really need to get my boat out, but had to do a full systems check first.  no problem, he says, let's get started!  fortunately, everything checked out.  i was not looking for a disaster like my first trip last year when i lost a trailer tire.  friday morning we were greeted by an empty parking lot, anticipating south winds, but it was flat calm. we headed down from half moon bay to san gregorio, then on to pescadero for a limit of 20 black rockcod, two vermillions, an olive, three blues, four lings and one monster cab. at about 8am, someone flipped a switch and the south winds came up big time! 

meet kevin with one of our lings.

poor jeff got pretty sick.

scott was doing ok until he tried to pick out a back lash in his reel, then he got sick!

here's part of the take!

we had an easy down hill run to get home.  the boat ran beautifully and handled the chop with no problem at all.  it was one of those days when i was really glad i had a grady. 

well, i didn't finish any of those reels that i was supposed to work on, but i did at least get to clean the cobwebs off the boat.  gonna try this again next week! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

q3fishboy

Glad you made it out and found some fish; really wish I could have gone.

I should probably just study until my exam at the end of the month.

You might be able to convince me to be bad for a day though.

Stay in touch and thanks for all of the help with everything.

P.S.  A friend should be grabbing that 501 for me tomorrow.

Alto Mare

Nice to see you got out boss, you did much better than last year ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Newell Nut

Nice catch and always nice to get out on the water. I finally took a break this week from the rods and got in two days of mango catching.

Rancanfish

Oh if I knew you wanted sicko's on board I woulda went. (OR Bryan).

Speaking of which,  wasn't there a rumor a while back of a pharmacy that would make up the Scopace special?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.