What kind of brush are you using

Started by Marcq, May 04, 2015, 06:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcq

To apply the finish coat(epoxy)

I ran out of my usual yellow brushes the other day, I usually buy a bunch online but could not wait, so I went to HD to find something that would work and fund these. Wow!! They work like a charm, no more yellows for me 

Marc..

Newell Nut

As long as it works is all that matters. I use the Flex Coat 1/4 inch brushes.

Marcq

Quote from: Newell Nut on May 04, 2015, 06:54:14 PM
As long as it works is all that matters. I use the Flex Coat 1/4 inch brushes.

I was using the same Flex coat brushes, honestly night and day imo

Try it Dwight

Marc..

thorhammer

that looks like the acid brushes i use for grease. I use craft brushes from wallyworld; 20 pack is about two bucks and chuck 'em

Reel 224

The main thing is having a brush that will do a good job on applying finish to the rod, I like a 1/2" sable brush for my final coat, I feel it leaves a nice fine level layer and that is what I'm trying to achieve. I would think as long as you are able to get an even layer of epoxy as a base coat with that brush then its fine, may be a good idea to try it on a practice piece of old rod first. Just like a building you need a good foundation that is strong and level or the rest of it will look like crap. 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

LTM

Marcq,

You can get those same brushes at Harbor Freight which would be cheaper than Home Depot.

Leo

Jon Vadney

I like the really tiny purple flex coat brushes.