saltiga 30t

Started by alantani, December 07, 2008, 05:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

I maybe on the wrong track here but, with the spools cracking like that, are these spools fully loaded with mono line, is it possible that the mono line is placed on the spool in the summer, causing the mono to stretch, then when the cold of winter moves in the mono shrinks, creating to much presser on the spool, maybe the mono should be loaded in the winter, or use braid with a short mono top shot, maybe, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

alantani

maybe, but i really think it's a manufacturing issue......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

Yeah, it has to be a mfg defect. Mono put on tight then expanding shouldn't be able to do that on an aluminum spool. Those spools look like old plastic spools spread by mono back in the day. Daiwa should've just swapped out the spools when that happened.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

exp2000

Quote from: Donnyboat on July 22, 2018, 02:46:27 PM
I maybe on the wrong track here but, with the spools cracking like that, are these spools fully loaded with mono line, is it possible that the mono line is placed on the spool in the summer, causing the mono to stretch, then when the cold of winter moves in the mono shrinks, creating to much presser on the spool, maybe the mono should be loaded in the winter, or use braid with a short mono top shot, maybe, cheers Don.

I have seen this happen on an ABU 70000 in just a few days!

One factor involved may be line water absorption.

Mono wound under too much tension has the power to deform or break a light spool.

Would not be a problem on a solid heavy game spool though.
~

aguachico

Hi Alan;

Thanks for the tip on how to remove the spacer.  I used 220 grit sand paper. I was losing my mind.
cheers