Parts Vendor

Started by Rancanfish, May 12, 2015, 02:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

I made an Ebay purchase and as it turned out the seller called because he had made a mistake and sent the wrong item.  This was a first!  Had a great conversation with him, and yes I mentioned AlanTani.com. He's sending the right stuff and a prepaid shipping envelope along to straighten things out.

Anyway, he turned out to be named Carl Citarelli.  78 years old and a real character.  He related how he had never worked on a reel in his life but had made a deal with a guy whose father had passed.  The guys father used to fix reels!  Anyway, he trades with the son and gets over 100,000 reel parts, which he now sells on Ebay under the name citarelli67cu.

He claims to have piles of brand new Pflueger, DAM Quick, Shakespeare, etc. (He mentioned 110n bodies).

He also told me he has over a thousand listings on Penn parts right now.

He asked me to send the info about our site here in an email,  which I did.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Keta

Carl is a first class guy and has always treated me well.  He even sent me a refund for shipping.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

reelrepair123

ditto,  i made some purchases from carl,  a reel good guy, quality parts.    harryk