First fishing (crabbing) day with my son

Started by Bryan Young, December 15, 2010, 11:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

old post but worthy to read .

now this is something I need to try with my youngest kiddo, we dont have Dungeness crabs here but we have plenty of blue crabs, the idea to catch them always run on my head but didnt liked the idea of the big old bulky tramp, and recently found this crab snares techique.
now I need to play a visit to the hardware store, I already saw some vids on how to make the crab snares

btw, really nice experience with your Sonny compadre Bryan
The Baja Guy

Frank

Very cool Bryan. I'll have to try this with my grand kids.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Bryan Young

It's definitely relaxing time. I just wish there wasn't so many jerks on that pier.  I want to try this for monster Samoan crabs I Hawaii 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Gfish

Cool. Pacifica Pier was the first father/son trip the Kid and I went on somewheres around 2011-2012. No fish, and no jerk encounters either. I think every pier has jerks on it at one time or another. On Santa Monica Pier with my wife once, at night, the cops showed up and arrested someone.
I was showin-off with my 15' surf rig in Pacifica and then really had some fun when an intoxicated woman started asking me why I had... well you may get the idea... I was self-deprecating with my answer, talkin bout compensating for other short-comings... sometimes it's just too easy...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D