631 post

Started by speedwagon2, January 14, 2015, 03:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedwagon2

Hi folks,
    I am looking for a post for my S-631.  The theads in one end of the original post are bad;  I had trouble removing the frame screw at one end.  After removal and re-assembly, the screw will not seat all the way in.  I have tried several different screws with the same results. Do any of the other size Newell posts cross over to the 631?  A search on E bay did not come up with any 631 posts. 
  Thanks,  Dave Babcock(AKA Speedwagon2)

Newell Nut

speedwagon2

Thanks Dwight,
  I should have a 533 post in my collection of parts. I put a tiburon frame on my 533-S a couple of years ago.
       Thanks again, Dave Babcock

codisking

If you can't find what you're looking for in your collection of parts, I have a pair from an S631 I recently converted into a 646

fIsHsTiiCkS

would one of Tom's SS sleeves fit?

Newell Nut

Yes, Tom made sleeves for the 500s and 600s. The 600 is just a tad longer and they are really nice. Get one before they are gone.

speedwagon2

I have a SS sleeve from Tom for my 631.  have not had time to install.  When I have time I will install the SS sleeve, a delrin washer under the spring washer, a new SS star from Andy, and some of those funny little washers from McMasters.  I set up two of my 500 Newells this way last month.  Nice thick drag star to get hold of, and real smooth easy ramp up on the drag.
  There are lots of great ideas on this site.  My newell's keep getting better and better.  I have retired most of my small lever drags.
    Speedwagon2