Bringing Your Own Beverages on the Charter...FYI

Started by sundaytrucka, May 18, 2015, 07:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

If I remember, that was a cream colored can with the word "BEER" in red in the middle of the can.  Do they still sell that beer?  I haven't seen it in years.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

TomT

Well, you are older than me--if only by a year but I haven't seen that beer since the 60's.  I worked for a company that had lots of Italian workers and they introduced me to a brand?? variety of red wine-- the name--"DAGO RED".  Actually, it may have been one of their "private labels" as all the bottles of it that I ever had were gifts from them.  Surprisingly, these guys were great cooks!! ;) ;) ;D
TomT

Dominick

Quote from: TomT on May 21, 2015, 03:40:49 AM
Surprisingly, these guys were great cooks!! ;) ;) ;D
TomT
Not so surprising it's in our blood.   :-* Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

DCH

I brought my own beer last year and found that buying them from the galley was easier due to the fact that they have a very small ice machine available and you can wipe out the ice supply quickly even using a playmate to ice down your beer. I'm also bringing 2x the vodka this year as I ran out mid-week on the trip last year. I'm also bringing a bottle of scotch to share as that seemed to be the beverage of choice last year.  ;)

Porthos

Quote from: DCH on May 21, 2015, 12:31:21 PM
...I'm also bringing a bottle of scotch to share as that seemed to be the beverage of choice last year.  ;)

I'm bringing 1 Glenlivet and 1 Glennfiddich.

sundaytrucka

I brought my own beer last year and found that buying them from the galley was easier due to the fact that they have a very small ice machine available and you can wipe out the ice supply quickly even using a playmate to ice down your beer. I'm also bringing 2x the vodka this year as I ran out mid-week on the trip last year. I'm also bringing a bottle of scotch to share as that seemed to be the beverage of choice last year.  ;)

Not much of a hard alcohol drinker but might have to step my game up, two 24 packs of beer might not cut it, you guys are bringing bottles on top of bottles.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Jerseymic

Quote from: Porthos on May 21, 2015, 02:25:03 PM
...I'm also bringing a bottle of scotch to share as that seemed to be the beverage of choice last year.  ;)

I'm bringing 1 Glenlivet and 1 Glennfiddich.

A man after my own taste, but don't forget the Talisker!!

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Big Tim

[/quote]

Not much of a hard alcohol drinker but might have to step my game up, two 24 packs of beer might not cut it, you guys are bringing bottles on top of bottles.
[/quote]

stay away from Eddie, I'm not there this year so it will be easier to spare your liver  ;D

joel8080

It's becoming a Booze cruz.

When I lived in Asia I ate and loved drunken Chicken, but never heard of drunken Fish.

I'm bringing 2 Old Parr.

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

Alans Buddy

DCH

Tequila??? Review posting from last years trip....we kick it off with margarita's and a celebratory shot of tequila....aka senior Tequila. :)   

Alans Buddy

Cool! I will see you all there. I'm really looking forward to the whole experience and meeting you all!

David Hall

Hope your all bring some good photography gear along.  I can't wait to see videos, pictures and hear the stories.