JB lead core Spectra line.

Started by Keta, May 22, 2015, 03:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I spent the afternoon at Jerry's talking fishing, Spectra line, dead beat customers and life yesterday.  I mentioned my failures in getting lead core into hollow Spectra and Jerry smiled, went to a shelf and tossed me a 50 yard spool of JB Spectra lead core line.  I'm going to splice a 20'-30' section onto one of my small live bait reels and will test to see if it helps take a bait down.

I can drop ship this just like any other JB product but I will have to call JB for prices.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Reel 224

Keta: How are you splicing lead core to braid?
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Keta

Standard hollow to hollow splice, I'll pull 2'-3' of lead out of the lead core for the splices.  For solid to lead core splice slipping the solid into the lead core 3' and tying an overhand knot in both where the solid enters the hollow should work.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Reel 224

Quote from: Keta on May 22, 2015, 03:17:23 PM
Standard hollow to hollow splice, I'll pull 2'-3' of lead out of the lead core for the splices.  For solid to lead core splice slipping the solid into the lead core 3' and tying an overhand knot in both where the solid enters the hollow should work.

Gotcha! ;)Thanks
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Dominick

Lee do you have any idea what 20' to 30' of lead core line weighs?  In theory it should work.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Mark Twain