looking parts for Shimano beastmaster 12/30 II speed graphite

Started by steelfish, May 22, 2015, 08:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

its a Shimano Triton Beastmaster 12/30 graphite 30/450yd 40/330yd, this model dont have the drag pad problems like other beastmaster models, so its good to go, does any of you have any comment or experience on this reel?
does any of the TLD tiburon frame can fit in this model since they seems to be very similar?

the big problem is the shift assembly its broken, so it cannot go to low gear, and actually I dont know if this cause a problem on the hight gear while fighting a fish also, so he had this reel ready for the trash, if you can fix it its yours he told me.

I couldnt find those parts on ebay, so I lost too.

according to this schematics I need the following parts to have it working

2A handle bolt plate
91  push buttom shield
93 slide plate spring
94 slide plate

any help or comments where to find them?

PS: I saw the review from Alan on the Triton 4/0 II speed, these both are very similar but the 4/0 is aluminium body and this is graphite, and 4/0 model had a really nice comments from Alan.
do you think this reel is still capable of be used for mild trolling no more than 50# line for fish on the 20#-30# mark top.

The Baja Guy

Tightlines667

If I am not mistaken, these are the same parts found on the Tiagra 30. 

https://fishshop.shimano.com/vip/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524441848474

Might want to just give Shimano a call, and place a phone order here?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

steelfish

well, they have the same part number so, they must be equal.

thanks, everytime I made an International call to shimano they never answer, (calling from Baja)
its cheaper for me to find everything online, tho.
The Baja Guy

jonnou

I just finished fixing one of these for a friend. He had written it off. Reserected all bearings exept the r/h side plate. Should be good for another 20 years.
great reel
good luck with the parts will be worth fixing
Best regards Jon

steelfish

thanks Jon, I'll fix it for sure, now even more for your last sentence.

some of the parts I need are still not available, like the slider spring, I will wait few days until available and see order all parts together

The Baja Guy

steelfish

Quote from: Tightlines666 on May 22, 2015, 08:58:51 PM
If I am not mistaken, these are the same parts found on the Tiagra 30. 

https://fishshop.shimano.com/vip/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524441848474

Might want to just give Shimano a call, and place a phone order here?

thanks buddy

I finally could finish my reel, now it performs as new
it might not be my favorite, but its nice to have the 2 speed option

The Baja Guy