Need Shimano GX125 Schematic

Started by Lunker Larry, May 25, 2015, 08:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

Hey everyone. Looking for some help. I've searched everywhere for a schematic for this reel and have come up empty. Think it is an early '80s reel. I just can't figure out the drag stack in it. Never seen anything like it before. I've looked at a numerous other reel schematics to try and find the same drag stack but have come up empty.
Is Reel Schematics, the one with over 10,000 schematics not around anymore? Their web page no long comes up.
Appreciate your assistance.
Thanks
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Wolli

have only for GX100 and GX200
Probably it will help

Good Luck
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

Lunker Larry

Thanks Wolli but it is a rear drag. Shortly after I made my post I found a Gt-X2100 schematic that was 99%. Reel is back together and working perfect. Two issues I had: one was things were so dirty and the grease was like glue so when I pulled it out it sort of "popped" out and I did not get to see how everything lined up. Second, I rotated the spool shaft and everything dropped in to the proper height.
Lesson learned.
Thanks to those who may have taken the time to look around.

Regards
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.

foakes

Hi Larry --

I could not find it either -- just GX100-200-300-400, TX-s, and AX-s.

Went through 15 old Shimano Service manuals going back to early 80s

And I assumed it must be a RD, since a FD would not give you any issues putting it back together.

Glad you got it worked out!

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

rfleming

I happen to have one of these reels stored at my parents house.  I stored it in the box which had the parts schematic inside.

I've attached it for your records.

Cheers!

Lunker Larry

This was a while back...but thanks for the post.
Filed away  :D

rfleming

;D It's the spirit.  I read that you got 99% of the way through with another reel's manual, but the poor shlub looking for a manual now has an answered post 8)

Cheers!