BRING YOUR CALIFORNIA FISHING LICENSE!!!!!

Started by alantani, June 01, 2015, 07:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

if you have one, bring it.  if you do not, just wait until we get back and we will figure things out.   

they are catching blue fin tuna within range of the 3/4 day boat out of san diego.  if we are going to take a crack at them, it will likely be on our last fishing day, which is friday.  to get in to position, we would have to leave by midnight wendesday night.  so yes, it is possible that we could be fishing for blue fin tuna early on the morning of our last fishing day but we would loose an entire day of fishing at cedros.  we have time to figure this out during the week, giving us time to re-reg for heavier stuff.  it would have to be a near sure thing, but it is possible.  stay tuned.......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Aiala

Quote from: alantani on June 01, 2015, 07:36:44 PM
...but we would lose an entire day of fishing at Cedros.

:(  :-[   :P

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

sundaytrucka

I am along for the ride, but wouldn't it be better to try for US bluefin before leaving to Mexico, being they are a 1-2 hour ride out, vs. leaving Cedros a day early and hoping a hot bite back home will still be there in 24 hours.

Just my opinion.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

alantani

i'm good either way.  i think we will look at the bite, how far out, how reliable, and where we need to be afterwards and see.  nothing is set i stone. 

alantani

sundaytrucka

Quote from: alantani on June 01, 2015, 11:38:03 PM
i'm good either way.  i think we will look at the bite, how far out, how reliable, and where we need to be afterwards and see.  nothing is set i stone. 

Understood. Like I said, I am along for the ride, whatever you decide go's.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

MarkT

My license is always in my wallet with my passport card!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Reel 224

You guys have to have fishing license? Do you have to pay for them? We have to register here on the East coast, but there is no charge for it.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

MarkT

An annual California saltwater fishing license is $52.15!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

bluefish69

Joe

I have the licenses for N.J. & N.Y.    Both are FREE

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Porthos

Quote from: MarkT on June 02, 2015, 12:59:42 AM
My license is always in my wallet with my passport card!

And it goes up a little bit each year...I consider it part of the "sunshine tax"...

Reel 224

Quote from: bluefish69 on June 02, 2015, 02:14:12 AM
Joe

I have the licenses for N.J. & N.Y.    Both are FREE

Mike

Mike is it me you are talking to? I have the NJ registration but not NY. My fishing doesn't get me into NY waterways.

All of my Fish and game licenses are free since I'm a DAV but I don't take advantage of all of them.

Joe

bluefish69

We have a lot of family in Ocean City N.J. So we get there every Summer
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

SoCalAngler

I was down right at the boarder a couple of days ago and we saw BFT all over the place, jumpers, breezers and massive sonar marks but the fish did not want to play. The boat I was on had 30 riders and we got 13 BFT, we were in contact with the Shogun and a few other boats and we all seemed to fare about the same. I did manage one fish that went 30 lbs plus but there are some 100 lb plus  fish mixed with the schoolie fish. A massive amount of BFT but also a huge amount of red crab in the water. Several seiners were lined up on the Mexican side and us sporties on the US. The seiners were not setting their nets and the only thing that came to mind as why not was that the schools were too big and they would of destroyed their nets trying to deal with the huge volume of each school. These fish have been there around 5 days now and hopefully they will eat all the crab in the are and start to look for fin bait.