Penn Jigmaster Frame Kits....

Started by Cortez_Conversions, June 04, 2015, 04:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: bluefish69 on July 01, 2015, 03:00:53 PM
Tom

....... Oh the fun of getting older.

Mike

its good to know the fun never ends, right now I have the fun of paying to house loan, kids school, helping them with homework, taking them out on weekends, etc, etc barely finding time and money for fishing.

The Baja Guy

Shark Hunter

Good luck with that Mike. Make sure you do the rehab.
Life is Good!

cwillis85

Second trip to the beach with my fancy 500, second snook, might have to start calling it my lucky reel. Hopefully not just the same snook I let loose last week.  ;D

Chris
Chris

cwillis85

Also recieved an accurate spool today, just installed it and everything is perfect now. Spool is now centered and all odd sounds have ceased. Guess that old spool was off slightly somewhere. Should have guessed it was on my end and not Tom's this kit is so well done. Thanks again.
Chris

bluefish69

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 01, 2015, 08:26:42 PM
Good luck with that Mike. Make sure you do the rehab.

It's not me, I can take the pain. I've had Hip Replacement & was walking with a cane in less then 3 weeks. This is the Wife. This will be a Roller Coaster ride starting next Tuesday. They only keep her in the hospital 2-3 days & send you home.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

Well,
You Give Trudy a kiss from me and tell her I wish her a speedy recovery. I'll talk to the Big Man for her. ;)
Life is Good!

broadway

All the best to your misses, Mike. Tell her to hang in there from the AT Crew.
Take good care of her, as I'm sure she has for you ;)
Hope she'll be up and running in no time,
Dom

Shark Hunter

We are not ignoring you C. Sometimes we get off topic chatty. Good job on than snook. ;D
Your little one looks like an angel. ;) I didn't have any girls, just My Three Sons. 8)
Life is Good!

bsfchen

I'm having weird issues with the reel seizing up.everything seemed great with the reel. And everything seemed smooth and casts great. But after a while of reeling up things feel odd and longer able to reel. Not sure what it is but I've been adjusting the bearings and it helps but after reeling it gets bad again. I could turn the handle forever and seemed smooth before, but when I'm actually fishing it just stops working. I might just have to bring it to a shop for someone more knowledgeable to look at it.

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: bsfchen on July 04, 2015, 09:10:41 AM
I'm having weird issues with the reel seizing up.everything seemed great with the reel. And everything seemed smooth and casts great. But after a while of reeling up things feel odd and longer able to reel. Not sure what it is but I've been adjusting the bearings and it helps but after reeling it gets bad again. I could turn the handle forever and seemed smooth before, but when I'm actually fishing it just stops working. I might just have to bring it to a shop for someone more knowledgeable to look at it.
Please send it back to me. I'll take a look no charge and cover shipping. I rely need to look at it and see what's going on.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Alto Mare

Does the spool turn when you try to move it while the star is cranked down?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bsfchen

Everything seems fine with the reel now. Spool turns with the star fully cranked down. When I was fishing last night and the issue occurred. I couldn't move the handle at all even in freespool. And even though tinkering with the bearing caps helped. Reeling in the lead felt labored. The reel seems smooth again after playing with it last night so I will try fish it again and see if the same thing happens again.

Dominick

Quote from: Reel 224 on July 04, 2015, 12:30:14 PM

In my opinion Woman are much stronger then Men, so your wife should do fine. Best wishes.

Joe 
Joe you only say that because your wife beats you at arm wrestling.   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bsfchen

Okay I think I might have found one of the culprits. One of the two dogs on the double dog bridge came off. Also I noticed if the bridge screws are screwed in all the way the handle can't turn

twotone

Sweet reel. Sanded the BP spacer to fit and adjusted the drag stack. (Thanks FishStiicks/ SAL) Life is good now! Smooth! Now the parts, AT ss gear sleeve, Bryan's 5+1, all of AC or BP ss products, Adam's star, Scotts B&T, and TOM H for the kit. This made this reel possible. So, thanks to all who contributed to this reel and members posts on JigMasters to finish out this JM kit. There are 2 things left for me to do. One, is to shim the ss sleeve. What size peelaway shim or brass from Mcmasters-Carr would you recommend? I can't find that post on shims. Two, handle and knob? I'm hoping Adam makes some counter balance arms. Thanks again all.
twotone