My good luck charms...!

Started by Aiala, June 05, 2015, 10:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Okay, so a while back I bought a Cork Puppy from Dwight (Newell Nut), and with it he very kindly included a couple of the mother-of-pearl shells that he uses to decorate his custom rods. Well, they were so pretty that I had them mounted in 14K gold (yeah, I'm a princess) and now I have these beautiful earrings to wear on the SOA trip:

I'm hoping that some of Dwight's angling prowess will rub off on me so I can catch a big fat WSB like the Boss did last year.  ;D

Thanks so much... Newell Nut rocks!  :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Alto Mare

Classy!!!
Aiala, I would like to see those again, while you're holding a nice trophy ;)...good luck out there!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Have to have the good Luck Charm. Mine is a Makau. I don't go fishing without it. my Son Made it for me.
Life is Good!

Fisherman Paul

Very nice. I would love a good luck charm.

As said very nice.

foakes

Aiala --

If you get biggest fish on the SOA trip --

Probably going to be a lot of guys wearing earrings next year...

Beautiful settings.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Rancanfish

Yo Fisherman Paul,

Be sure to read the forum rules.  We have a 12 year old rule,  which means basically Alan's daughter should be able to read over his shoulder without reading anything coarse.

We don't judge, we just wash your mouth out with soap.   ;D
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

sundaytrucka

They came out nice Aiala, reminds me of some David Yurman collections he did with dinosaur fossils.

Cannot wait to fish with you, hope you get your personal best out there! Almost a week til' we leave port!!!

-Scott
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

borchcl

Those are very pretty! Best of luck on your trip.
Charlie

Reel 224

Aiala: What goes with the rest of your outfit. ;D If you do win top fish, we may see some interesting new fishing wear for the men folk. ;) :D
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Dominick

Aiala, you need a new avatar sporting the new earrings.  They are great.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

BMITCH

BEAUUUUTIFUL, earrings Aiala! I hope they bring the good mojo to you. Positive thoughts and those earrings and I'm sure you'll get bit. Best of luck on your trip.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Steve-O

Super Deluxe! They are going to look good on you no matter what the fishing is.  But what the others said....let's see some pics with you and your catches!

Mine is a self carved Maori style hook. Works for me.