OV 575 screw needed

Started by JOHN I, June 06, 2015, 04:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOHN I

Was giving a little TLC to my 235 and during re assembly the head popped off on one of these screws. Fortunately there was enough of the shank protruding to easily remove it from the spacer bar. Problem now is a replacement. Does anyone have one of these they are willing to part with?
Thanks-  John

Tunacious

Cortez_Conversions

This looks like a standard screw, has anyone sourced McMaster for these?
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Newell Nut

The size is 5-40 x 3/4 or 1/2 depending on the side. McMaster has them by the box cheap.

thinkwahoo

Could you possibly send me the link to McMaster  for these screws because they have them in phillips, but not in slotted, oval head.

Searched the internet for the 3/4", and could only come up with 5/8".  There was one site that had 1", and worst case I'd have to cut off a quarter inch.

foakes

Hi wahoo --

If you still need one -- got a few in SS.

PM me, and I will send it N/C.

3/4" -- oval -- slotted -- SS -- new.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

thinkwahoo

The screw you're displaying is a 6-40, filster head, for the bridge plate.

foakes

Sorry about that --

Post a pic of what you need by showing a good screw.

Have quite a few others.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

JOHN I

Fred, This is the one I'm looking for. Thanks for your help.

foakes

Sorry, John --

Not opening for me.

Maybe use free photo bucket?

All the Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

Tunacious

John:

Sent you a pm. I've got the screws.

Mike

JOHN I

Fred- I don't know what happened there but the image WAS there when it was first put up. Anyhow, looks like Mike has me covered. Thank you.

Mike- Pm's replied to. Thank you very much!

foakes

Thanks, John --

And thank you, Mike --

Lots of good help on this board!

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.