Increase Drag Strength in Daiwa Lexa

Started by MudShark7, June 06, 2015, 05:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kungajim

Quote from: handi2 on June 24, 2016, 11:30:35 PM
Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on June 07, 2015, 03:32:55 PM
I would swap out the drags with carbontex from Dawn, yes the under gear as well. Then see what you are getting. Sometimes these washers are warn, even from the factory.

If it's possible to use a Carbontex drag washer with more surface area that's what I recommend. Often times the drag washer itself doesn't fill all the usable area. Many bait casting reels are like this.

If this is so on this reel, and you can measure the size needed, I will send you one.

Really????

you guys are awesome.  I'll check it this weekend.

thx
so many baits....so little time

kungajim

Quote from: handi2 on June 24, 2016, 11:30:35 PM
Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on June 07, 2015, 03:32:55 PM
I would swap out the drags with carbontex from Dawn, yes the under gear as well. Then see what you are getting. Sometimes these washers are warn, even from the factory.

If it's possible to use a Carbontex drag washer with more surface area that's what I recommend. Often times the drag washer itself doesn't fill all the usable area. Many bait casting reels are like this.

If this is so on this reel, and you can measure the size needed, I will send you one.

I was able to measure it tonight. Don't have all the fancy tools you guys got but it looks like it's 8mm id, 13mm od, and 1mm thick.

kungajim

I conferred with dawn as well. Her drag washer for the set is 12.95mm x 8.10 x 1.