Weather

Started by MarkT, June 08, 2015, 08:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

Blanca is a problem now down by Cedros and will continue for a couple of days.  Disturbance 1 has a 50% change of turning into a Cyclone in the next 48 hours and could be an issue next week some time.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=epac&fdays=2
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

yeah, been watching this one as well.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

joel8080

That's the one I mentioned last week when it came across CentralAmerica, it's been stationary gathering moisture, hopefully when it starts to move it will head due west.

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

MarkT

That's where  Blanca was last week.  It's a breeding ground for Hurricanes!

joel8080

Every year more waves pass over Central America then in the Atlantic, the reason you do not hear to much about them is they do very little damage as most of the time they go West or N. West vs Hurricanes that come across the Atlantic where they have more time to build up and there is a lot of places for them to strike.

When you go to NHC and go to Easten Pacific you can see the waves coming across Central America on the 5 day chart.

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

sundaytrucka

The weather may be caca, we shall see, if it is and say we clear the storm, will this remnants of the storm or presents of choppy water affect the quality of our fishing experience, in that the fish will stop biting in said conditions?
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

MarkT

I don't know that the fish care that much.  Rough conditions are what you call Tuna weather.  OTOH, I had to skip a shower one night last year as I couldn't stay in the shower without falling out.

Dominick

Quote from: sundaytrucka on June 09, 2015, 12:56:48 AM
The weather may be caca, we shall see, if it is and say we clear the storm, will this remnants of the storm or presents of choppy water affect the quality of our fishing experience, in that the fish will stop biting in said conditions?

I love it when you use meteorological terms.   :D ;D :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

stoked4fishin

I really hope the weather isn't too bad!

sundaytrucka

Looks like the storm, now categorized a tropical depression, is lessening in severity and could pose no
threat to our adventure.

Time will tell.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Tom McKinney

Currently there is a depression located several hundred miles south of puerto Escondido but no tropical cyclone formation is expected in the next 5 days.  Looks good so far.  Hopefully by the time we are there the location of the yellowtail will be apparent and they will be on the chew

stoked4fishin

SWEET!  Can't wait ;D

joel8080

It is just been named a tropical depression and named TD-Three-E it is made up of 2 or 3 tropical waves, it looks like it's going NNW, but we will know more in a few days.

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

MarkT

It should be named Carlos once it turns into a Cyclone sometime on Friday afternoon.

Make that Thursday morning.  Three-E has been upgraded and named!  Hopefully will never make it up to Cedros area or if it does it'll be after we're gone.  Scheduled to be SSW of PV on Tuesday.

alantani

then we should be fine!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!