Silicone fins on lead jigs

Started by jcool3, June 15, 2015, 02:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcool3

I put silicone skirts in some of my lead pour jigs with great results.  Silicone skirt tabs inserted
in mold and poured lead. Look great in the water. The 4 oz. flutter jig from do-it mold.  The picture
is the actual rig fished 4 hours for limits of rockfish, cabezon, lings.  So seems to be pretty durable.
Only drawback seems to be that it has to be shielded from the priming and painting process.

Bryan Young

That looks cool.  I'm going to have to try that.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

thorhammer

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 15, 2015, 03:33:04 PM
That looks cool.  I'm going to have to try that.

what he said. did you have to drill mold to accept the skirt? i have a 4 oz diamond mold that this should work well on.

best,

John

Bryan Young

John,

It looks like he just placed the skirts across the opening of the mold before closing then poured the lead.  Silicon has a high melting temperature, so I think it would be okay.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

thorhammer

steelfish

The Baja Guy

Dominick

Hey if these skirted jigs out fish unskirted jigs you are on to something.  Try packaging and selling them.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Rancanfish

Wow how did I miss this?

A great idea to try when I get some time to pour.

Thanks to the original poster.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.