Saltiga 7000H Dog Fight

Started by Bryan Young, June 16, 2015, 06:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Quote from: Wolli on June 16, 2015, 03:24:48 PM
The attached pics are taken from a brand new reel of a fishing friend after two weeks fishing in Asia.

Recommend to check the gear, side covers etc. if proper greased.
Check the bail arms and rotor for to much play.    

The reel was send back to Daiwa. They fixed everything free of charge. e.g. installed new shorter pinion (the original was too long....).

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

fIsHsTiiCkS

Did he take the reel for a swim? You think for that kinda money the reel would be better greased out of the box. Nice write up!

Reel 224

What did they save a penny on lube? ::) That is an obvious QA mistake. 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

PE Pete

Hi Bryan, that's extremely usefull to me as I'm going to keep Diawa & the store guys on there toes over this.
Will report back how all this pans out.
Thanks again Bryan.
Cheers Pete

Brad_hook

Not good at all considering the purchase price of the reel.

PE Pete

Quote from: Brad_hook on June 17, 2015, 07:47:59 AM
Not good at all considering the purchase price of the reel.

No kidding there Brad!
But ya know what if it was half the price I would still have been pissed!
Have had very little/no positive interaction with Diawa NZ. The store I bought it from however have helped & the reel feels better but have not fished it since there service so just need a good weather window & a few bigg #### Kingys to know if it's right!!
Pete

PE Pete

Quote from: Kiwi Pete on June 17, 2015, 01:18:29 AM
Hi Bryan, that's extremely usefull to me as I'm going to keep Diawa & the store guys on there toes over this.
Thanks again Bryan.
Cheers Pete
So quick update guys.
After some conversations with the store owner the reel was sent back to Diawa & they replaced it with the 2015 Dogfight 8000. So alls well that ends well,happy days!
Pete

Brad_hook

Quote from: Kiwi Pete on July 03, 2015, 08:11:46 AM
Quote from: Kiwi Pete on June 17, 2015, 01:18:29 AM
Thanks again Bryan.
Cheers Pete
So quick update guys.
After some conversations with the store owner the reel was sent back to Diawa & they replaced it with the 2015 Dogfight 8000. So alls well that ends well,happy days!
Pete

Excellent news Pete, You ever see Milan & Nathan out on their Kingy Sessions. I gotta get Across the Ditch one day & sample the Kings over there.

PE Pete

Gidday Brad yep bumped into them last year on the water off Coromandel & more recently at the Auckland boat show.
You into jigging & top water bro? If so come on over mate, me & my mates will get you attached to some big #### Kingys.
And yeah pleased to have got saga of the 7000h with its sticky drag & over stiff rotation behind me. The 8000 is super smooth rotation haven't checked the drag yet as haven't fished it yet.

Brad_hook

Quote from: Kiwi Pete on July 03, 2015, 11:01:59 AM
Gidday Brad yep bumped into them last year on the water off Coromandel & more recently at the Auckland boat show.
You into jigging & top water bro? If so come on over mate, me & my mates will get you attached to some big #### Kingys.

Its on my dream fishing list of locations Pete, especially the inshore Kingys you guys get in the bays over there, livies getting smashed on top water strikes, stick baits
& jigging. You guys have it made over there. Not to mention the other by catch species.

Your a gun fisho yourself, whats your biggest king so far?

Dennis Vereet of the land based tuna monsters has recently changed to the 8000 too I believe, be interesting to see his next articles too.

PE Pete

Quote from: Brad_hook on July 03, 2015, 11:07:50 AM
Quote from: Kiwi Pete on July 03, 2015, 11:01:59 AM

Its on my dream fishing list of locations Pete, especially the inshore Kingys you guys get in the bays over there, livies getting smashed on top water strikes, stick baits
& jigging. You guys have it made over there. Not to mention the other by catch species.

Your a gun fisho yourself, whats your biggest king so far?

Dennis Vereet of the land based tuna monsters has recently changed to the 8000 too I believe, be interesting to see his next articles too.

Hi Brad my biggest King todate is 35kg (est by the skipper on Enchanter & released)
My best by catch while targeting Kings was a 109.36Kg striped marlin which was also released into the smoke house down in Whitianga & ultimately into my freezer......ummm
I certainly hope the 8000 is ok it has none of the issues I had with the 7000 ... So far!!
Cheers Pete

Brad_hook

Massive catch job well done indeed mate.

Been watching three kings/enchanter vids on youtube, so killa gotta go haha.