Custom ss spacer bar for the Squidder 146 and more

Started by Alto Mare, June 19, 2015, 10:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I just received the custom ss spacer bars  and they look amazing.
These bars will fit on many reels as the 27-100-146-180-185 and 190 .
You could also use them on the wider reels of the same mentioned above, but you would also need a spool and stand.
Here I'm showing mine on Monofil 25

Good job Alan, thanks for making these for us.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rancanfish

Yessir gonna put them on two 146's, and a SM 100 so far. 

Not sure if I want to have sets for my two NIB 146's?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

reelrepair123

look great, nice work, reely dresses up the reel   harryk

STRIPER LOU

Those look great Sal! Are they available now and what's the cost?
Thanks,  ..  Lou

Black Pearl

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on June 20, 2015, 01:08:27 AM
Those look great Sal! Are they available now and what's the cost?
Thanks,  ..  Lou

No, this set is a sample. I am still trying to talk the cost down from my factory. Therefore, I don't have to final cost for this spacer bar.

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 19, 2015, 10:23:45 PM
I just received the custom ss spacer bars  and they look amazing.
These bars will fit on many reels as the 27-100-110-146-180-185 and 190 .

Sal,

Do you think it will also fit any Newell or PROGear reels?

Rothmar2

Very nice looking with those bars, but love the crank knob, it's pure class.
Cogs turning......

Alto Mare

Alan, there is no need for holes, they're not that heavy. I actually like them as they are.
I also tried them on the Surfmaster 100

Baymaster 180

and Squidder 146

All look good. These got to happen my friend ;)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rancanfish

I agree on the 'no holes' comment.  Nice as is.

I'm not gonna say I want them again until they're for sale.   8)
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Black Pearl

Sledge

Quote from: Rothmar2 on June 20, 2015, 01:39:33 AM
Very nice looking with those bars, but love the crank knob, it's pure class.
Cogs turning......

+2!  Where did you source that handle and knob from, Sal?

Alto Mare

The handle is a bit of a mixed bag. The handle is from http://motivefab.com/products-page/reels, those come with a counterbalance, but the one on the handle mentioned above came from Alan, the boss. The knob came from Alan Chui ( Black Pearl), he wanted me to check it out. It is very durable and weighs only 1.4oz...I like it.
Sal

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

coastal_dan

The Surfmaster 200 is wider so I would say no these won't fit, unless you source a 100 spool as well...I don't have one of these reels but I'm sure Sal will chime in...
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Reel 224

Quote from: coastal_dan on July 01, 2015, 01:06:09 PM
The Surfmaster 200 is wider so I would say no these won't fit, unless you source a 100 spool as well...I don't have one of these reels but I'm sure Sal will chime in...

I was afraid that, that was the case, I also though that there were two different spacer bars,one narrow and one wider. I believe I can get a narrow spool for the 200 from scott's if need be and he is not far from me. I'm still playing around with the idea of narrowing the 200 that I have. If I had the money to spend on all of the things I would like to do with reels and rods it would be nice. ;D Now I wonder how many of us have said that before. ::)
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

mike1010

Yeah, I made a 100 from a 200 earlier this year, and am very happy with the result, a much more comfortable reel.