Yellowtail by the ton...

Started by Aiala, June 20, 2015, 10:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

I mean literally, TONS! We had approximately 350-375 fish, probably averaging 15-20 pounds each, which equates to somewhere between two and three tons of the darn things... insane!

Great bunch of guys, lots of good fellowship and new friends will make for many lasting memories. Didn't take pictures, too busy losing fish to the <bleeping> sea dogs, but Alan and many others were photographing everything in sight, so be patient, I'm sure they'll be posting 'em soon.   

As the saying goes, despite some rockin' and rollin' on Thursday night, a good time was had by all!  :D

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Rancanfish

And who's vintage Penn did the most damage?   ;D
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Aiala

Quote from: Rancanfish on June 20, 2015, 11:01:23 PM
And who's vintage Penn did the most damage?   ;D

Well, I did land my first few on a 501... then decided that was way too much work and switched to an Avet 2-speed... low gear, rail, crank, gaff... Oh, the humanity!  ::)

~A~

Steve-O

I take it those beautiful earrings did their job. Looking forward to the pics. Hope we get you, the earrings and a nice fish all in the same pic! ;D

Congrats on a safe and successful trip.

Gotta rearrange my bucket list and do this trip.

MarkT

You got a couple on a 501? All I remember is the pink Avet on the pink wrapped rod, and you were hooked up a lot!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Aiala

Quote from: MarkT on June 21, 2015, 12:28:45 AM
You got a couple on a 501? All I remember is the pink Avet on the pink wrapped rod, and you were hooked up a lot!

Mark, yup! I guess you were too busy catching to notice, but I got my first few on that 501 with the blue AccuPlates I got from Randy.  :)

~A~

MarkT

Oh yeah, I remember the blue Accuplates!  I didn't know it was a 501.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Keta

Quote from: Aiala on June 20, 2015, 11:12:20 PM

Well, I did land my first few on a 501... then decided that was way too much work and switched to an Avet 2-speed... low gear, rail, crank, gaff... Oh, the humanity!  ::)

~A~

You didn't test the 155?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Big Tim

you fished a 2 speed?  :o I'm so glad you all had a great time

Shark Hunter

You gotta do what you gots to do Big T. I can't wait to see the pics of Aiala getting it done.
I'm, glad you guys made it back safe. ;D
Life is Good!

steelfish

Damn.. that sounds like good times

Looking forward for the pics
The Baja Guy

Wally15

I just made it home to South GA. Cross country flights.....ugh!
Had a great time on the trip. And caught my share of YT. I'll post some pics after a LONG nap.
Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Wally15

Me with a nice YT..and AT in the background.
Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Alto Mare

Looking good Mike, that's a nice one.
Alan, I hope no one stepped on your toes ;D. Can't wait for some more pics, I'm glad you are all back safe.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

I guess it is difficult to describe a good time.  I suppose you had to be there.  Good for all of you on that trip.  It does look like you all enjoyed it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.