Socal reel repair recommendations

Started by sondoan5017, June 28, 2015, 05:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyone know of a reliable reel person in Orange County?

Reel Repair
0 (0%)
Help
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

sondoan5017

I have Shimano Talicas (4) Avet raptors and 2 speeds (3 total) and 1 Okuma metalloid.  Alan is too far for me to send my reels.  I want find a reliable, reasonably priced person in OC.

Bryan Young

I know Longfin in Orange...Shimano in Irvine...and there's always Avet where ever they are located.

I cannot attest to their service.

Flat-rate box is just as good as driving somewhere and picking it up with today's gas prices as well.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

foakes

Quote from: sondoan5017 on June 28, 2015, 05:07:57 AM
I have Shimano Talicas (4) Avet raptors and 2 speeds (3 total) and 1 Okuma metalloid.  Alan is too far for me to send my reels.  I want find a reliable, reasonably priced person in OC.

Not sure I understand?

At Flat Rate USPS shipping for all of your reels -- there would be little or no difference if you were shipping it 300 or 3000 miles.  Most of us have received 100s of packages through the Post Office -- with no issues.

What is you actual concern?

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

there are likely a hundred guys that could take care of these.  all are as close as your nearest mailbox!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

fIsHsTiiCkS

I do a lot reel servicing for the guys out here and can help you out easily, also I have a good turn around. I live in LA and am in OC quite often if you want to meet. If instead you want a very reputable company, I can recommend

ReelSpeed Reel Service & Repair
13515 1/2 Alondra Blvd.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
ReelSpeed@yahoo.com
(562) 261-5190

He is a memeber here as well.

I will say sending it to Alan is the best way to go! I cant think of anyone better!

sondoan5017

Thanks guys.  I will try sending some to Alan first.  I was looking for someone local in my area.  Just came back from a 1.5 day.  Whacked 3 bluefins 20-30lb range.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Reel speed is OC. Local and nice on the bluefin. What port you go out off?

sondoan5017

MarkT

Sounds like you don't need repair, just service. Check out the boards here and do it yourself. YouTube is a good place to find tutorials too.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

eguinn

Try Ken's Custom Reels, he is in Oceanside,ca. He has 1 hell of a good reputation & I've nothing but good things about his services.

bigggfish

The Jig Stop In Dana Point does pretty reasonable work.

Rancanfish

Quote from: eguinn on March 09, 2016, 04:17:51 AM
  Try Ken's Custom Reels, he is in Oceanside,ca. He has 1 hell of a good reputation & I've nothing but good things about his services.

Wes is cool @ Ken's!
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.