come fishing with me on the argo out of san francisco, tuesday, july 14th, 2015

Started by alantani, June 30, 2015, 08:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the rockfish ninja

Deadly Sebastes assassin.

alantani

tony, you're on.  thanks!!!

dom, i'm not sure.  if the salmon are biting, we may likely take a crack at them.  rockfish is always an option unless the weather is too bad.  then there are stripers and halibut in the bay.  with a 6-pack, we have lots of options!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

swill88

alantani

the rockfish ninja

Quote from: alantani on July 02, 2015, 04:25:57 PM

dom, i'm not sure.  if the salmon are biting, we may likely take a crack at them.  rockfish is always an option unless the weather is too bad.  then there are stripers and halibut in the bay.  with a 6-pack, we have lots of options!

Cool let me know if there's a cancel & I'll be there.
(If I get on hopefully it won't be for stripers, too many this year already)
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

Bryan Young

Quote from: alantani on July 02, 2015, 04:25:57 PM

I may need some help with gear and tackle depending on what we are targeting.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

we have lots of gear.  the only concern would be 2.5 pound lead balls, if we fish for salmon with sinker releases.  there are also two planer boards that joey has at the fisherman's warehouse, the pink ladies and the deep six planer boards.  i would rather use those than waste lead. 

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

swill88

I've always used the dog whistles and less than 2.5# if it'll work (and the boat is not too crowded).

Last year at the salmon dinner I won a Luhr Jenson 'jumbo jet' diver supposed to go down 50'. I should give it a try.

My choice would start with rocks & lings (limits of course) then troll or mooch for salmon then. after limits, pick up butts at the gate. If any time was left we could back up to ocean beach and cast for stripers.  

Don't forget... after salmon - barbless hooks only!

eezypeezy

Big Tim

OK..Last time I went Salmon fishn' up north we was mooching live bait on 20# line and a Penn 209...What is this throw away 2.5lb. piece of lead? Alan I think I will use some of your gear as most of my stuff is to heavy for the little fishes in that bay  ;D Oh by the way what depth would we fish for lings & Halibut I'm used to 240' an below

alantani

yeah, mooching would be fun!!!  been a while.  it's just that circle hooks are bad for my blood pressure!

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on July 03, 2015, 12:15:55 AM
yeah, mooching would be fun!!!  been a while.  it's just that circle hooks are bad for my blood pressure!

I think my vintage seeker S670 with my Jigmaster for trolling ? What # line ? 20 or 30 ? I'll bring my spinner for most anything else and was thinking  my Seeker Black Steel 7' 30# and my JX would be enough. What say you ? Anything lighter is on you my friend ;D You got to remember it's been a while since I actually got to go fishing  ;D Can't wait to talk trash and fish at the same time  ;D

alantani

i have mooching gear, 2.5 salmon ball gear, and rock cod gear.  show up with pj's, a change of clothes and a shaving kit and you're good.   ;D

Big Tim

On a serious note...What are the usual depths for Stripers and again for rock cod fishing in the bay...Alan say don't bring anything but I'm going to anyway  ;D Stripers on a 3 way with a dropper weight and live bait or will they take lures ? I got so much junk t throw at fish I might as well bring some of it. This will be the first time I ever fished the SF bay

swill88

The rocks, lings (and salmon) are all outside the gate. Up the Marin coast or to the Farralones.
Max depth by regs for rocks & lings is 180 ft.
Up the Marin way is usually 40-70'. Farralones gets deeper.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/bfregs2015.asp#sf