2016 Royal Star 12 day Seeker Trip

Started by Jon Vadney, July 02, 2015, 09:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Vadney

For those that don't know, I'm on the Seeker Pro-Staff and here's a Seeker-sponsored trip that I have organized and I would love to get some fellow AT site members on.  The trip leaves on Oct. 21st 2016 and returns on Nov 2nd.  I spoke at length with Tim Ekstrom when we were deciding on the dates of the trip, and this timeframe and trip length are perfect.  The trip leaves after the full moon and will be fishing during the last quarter/new moon phase (regarded as the best time to fish offshore pelagics).  This length of trip will also allow us to target the lower banks for some of the larger YFT as well as all of the popular fall trip spots (alijos, mag bay, etc).  There is even a chance that we shoot straight for the buffer zone and fish down there if everything up north is pretty slow and we hear good reports from one of the other LR vessels that runs a long trip at that time of year.  

About the Royal Star:
I have fished on many LR boats, and although the Star isn't the largest in the fleet, they are one of the most innovative and forethinking operations around and they are my favorite boat to ride.  RSW fish holds? Gutting and pithing of tuna?  Rubber mats on the deck to save your legs? A real chef running the galley?  Catch and release tagging trips?  All of these things were started on this boat.  They have amazing customer service and are always looking for ways to make your trip more enjoyable (free wifi is another thing that comes to mind).

I requested that Tim run this trip as skipper and he emphatically agreed.  He is a helluva skipper, and a lot of fun to be around.  He takes fishing very seriously, but he always makes sure that your needs are met (especially if you are a beginner to this type of fishing).  

Since it is a Seeker Sponsored trip, i will be bringing down lots of swag to give out so no one will leave empty handed.  

Trip Details:
Boat: Royal Star
Leave date/time: October 21st, 2016, 10:00AM
Return date/time: November 2nd, 2016, 8:00AM
Passenger load: 24
Cost: $3995
To book the trip, go here:  http://royalstarsportfishing.com/schedule.php

A video showing you how they handle the tuna.  Fastforward to the 3:55 minute mark to see that, or watch the whole video to see a bit of the boat and some fishin footage

alantani

i'll be done with marching band by then.  i've been on the boat before.  it's very nice and tim is a great skipper.  i'll see if i can make this happen.  this means $300 per month.  i've got an old coffee can somewhere.  i'll see if i can make this happen. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jon Vadney

Quote from: alantani on July 02, 2015, 10:16:31 PM
i'll be done with marching band by then.  i've been on the boat before.  it's very nice and tim is a great skipper.  i'll see if i can make this happen.  this means $300 per month.  i've got an old coffee can somewhere.  i'll see if i can make this happen. 

I would love to have you go Alan!  That would be a ton of fun!

Bryan Young

Would love to share the rail with you again Jon.  Super fun.

If I sell my boat, I may be able to do this in maybe 5 years from now.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Aiala

Jon, everything you say about the ROYAL STAR, I second to the nth degree. It has long been my favorite boat, and IMO it is the classiest operation in the fleet. Tim is a fantastic skipper, smart, forward-thinking, just an all-around great guy. The deckhands and galley crew are equally first-class. (I've already signed up for a Phenix Rods 5-day leaving this October 28th; if anyone's inclined to join me, that'd be terrific. :) )

As for your 12-day, I'd give anything to go, but there are so many unknowns right now in my future (e.g. a 100-year-old dad) that I can't possibly commit that far ahead.  :-\

HOWEVER... I am very seriously considering a ROYAL STAR 8-day for next summer... either June 3rd or June 25th. (I suspect those trips might overlap next year's SOA, but... c'est la vie, I guess.)

Meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed for your 2016 Seeker 12-day... one never knows, right?   ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

fIsHsTiiCkS

Ohhh I'm all over this!! Count me in! It will be awesome to share the rail with you!

Jon Vadney

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on July 03, 2015, 12:32:58 AM
Ohhh I'm all over this!! Count me in! It will be awesome to share the rail with you!

Awesome!!!!  You can sign up online at the link I provided in the original post, or you can call the office down there at:  (619) 224-4764

David Hall

A long range trip has long been on my bucket list, I guess there's no way I can make one this year so looks like I'm gonna need you to make me a new rod or two befor Oct 21, 2016.  My deposit is in.

Jon Vadney

Quote from: David Hall on August 09, 2015, 03:48:08 PM
A long range trip has long been on my bucket list, I guess there's no way I can make one this year so looks like I'm gonna need you to make me a new rod or two befor Oct 21, 2016.  My deposit is in.

Hell yeah!!! I'm so pumped you're going David!  Now we just need convince Alan :)

David Hall

I think we need to initiate a monthly meeting, drinks and planning?

Jon Vadney

Quote from: David Hall on August 28, 2015, 03:46:41 AM
I think we need to initiate a monthly meeting, drinks and planning?
That is an idea I can get behind.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

David Hall

Ron Jones

Wish I could be there, unfortunately I'll probably be underwater. You all best be doing a phenomenal trip in 2018! I'll need something to celebrate.
Good luck to all who go.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"