alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial figured it was about time........
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
November 12, 2018, 02:21:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: figured it was about time........  (Read 10784 times)
alantani
admin
Administrator

« on: December 29, 2010, 09:10:13 AM »

.....  when i saw this!   Grin

Funny that I happen to gravitate to this sight, and now a moderator.  I used to wrap custom fishing rods professionally for about 20 years.  If you have any general fishing rod questions, you may PM me directly.

um, surprise!!!!!!   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
Bryan Young
Ultimate Upgrades Drags
Administrator

The Reel Whisperer

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 09:33:59 AM »

Alan, you are a great teacher and friend.  You make it a non-decision to be and stay here.  Learning can be fun, and it is fun here with all of the guys that have joined you here.

Cheesy I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. Cheesy
Norcal Pescador
Redding, CA

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 11:58:41 AM »

Uh oh! Stand by for a rod-tsunami, Bryan! Shocked
Maybe Alan will come over and help you get your garage set up for your second hobby/avocation/addiction? Grin Grin Grin  Let's see, reel repair department here, and rod building and repair over there, and fishing stuff on that wall. Oops, cars outside! Cheesy Cheesy
Rob

Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? Roll Eyes

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD
Bryan Young
Ultimate Upgrades Drags
Administrator

The Reel Whisperer

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 01:43:24 PM »

Yeah, I can see it now.  My first job will be to repair all of his broken rods.  LOL.  He has always wanted to open a fishing store.  Maybe it will be a custom rod and reel shop.

Cars already outside.  I got to get rid of some stuff as I used to polish waste veggie oil to use as fuel for my totalled diesel truck.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 05:55:53 PM by BryanYoung » Logged

Cheesy I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. Cheesy
Fishead

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 10:17:17 AM »

I have been building rods & working on my own reels since I was 14,I am now 48,where did the time go???.seen a lot of changes in that time.I thought I did a good job on reels until I got hooked on this forum.Great to learn from everyone & all the input.I am much better at rodbuilding than reel repair,maybe this forum will change that.

If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!
Bryan Young
Ultimate Upgrades Drags
Administrator

The Reel Whisperer

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 10:28:10 AM »

Cool, now I got someone else to help answer questions.  Contact Fishead...   Cheesy

I have been wrapping rods since 13.  Got started repairing my own rods.  Yeah, I got a lot of rods that no one wanted as gifts.  Used to wrap for a few stores in Hawaii.  Mostly Ulua rods and whipping rods for papio with a few ultra lights in the mix.  A couple of trolling rods as gifts.  To date, I don't even have one of my rods.  All were sold and some misteriously broken by my friends.

trishul

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 04:30:56 AM »

have any of you guys felt at times a broken rod need not be fixed but can be converted into nice gaff with a cool grip, i personally do this or at times scavange the guides from the rod to keep as spares, strange huh haha well i also have one long three pc rod that i converted into a portable outrigger and its got me many dorado on the deck of some traditional swahili boats i have fished from, a rod is really a multipurpose tool  Smiley
mrbrklyn

GNU/Linux User

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 08:15:31 PM »

Alan, you are a great teacher and friend.  You make it a non-decision to be and stay here.  Learning can be fun, and it is fun here with all of the guys that have joined you here.

I'm sock of learning...lets go fish

UKChris

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 05:38:02 AM »

have any of you guys felt at times a broken rod need not be fixed but can be converted into nice gaff with a cool grip, i personally do this or at times scavange the guides from the rod to keep as spares, strange huh haha well i also have one long three pc rod that i converted into a portable outrigger and its got me many dorado on the deck of some traditional swahili boats i have fished from, a rod is really a multipurpose tool  Smiley

There's only so many gaffs you can use  Wink and don't forget, don't try making one from a multi-piece rod  Undecided
anglingarchitect
Firearms Group

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 06:09:15 PM »

Quick release two piece gaff?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: