figured it was about time........

Started by alantani, December 29, 2010, 05:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

.....  when i saw this!   ;D

Quote from: BryanYoung on December 28, 2010, 05:41:34 AM
Funny that I happen to gravitate to this sight, and now a moderator.  I used to wrap custom fishing rods professionally for about 20 years.  If you have any general fishing rod questions, you may PM me directly.

um, surprise!!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Alan, you are a great teacher and friend.  You make it a non-decision to be and stay here.  Learning can be fun, and it is fun here with all of the guys that have joined you here.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Norcal Pescador

Uh oh! Stand by for a rod-tsunami, Bryan! :o
Maybe Alan will come over and help you get your garage set up for your second hobby/avocation/addiction? ;D ;D ;D  Let's see, reel repair department here, and rod building and repair over there, and fishing stuff on that wall. Oops, cars outside! :D :D
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Bryan Young

Yeah, I can see it now.  My first job will be to repair all of his broken rods.  LOL.  He has always wanted to open a fishing store.  Maybe it will be a custom rod and reel shop.

Cars already outside.  I got to get rid of some stuff as I used to polish waste veggie oil to use as fuel for my totalled diesel truck.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Fishead

I have been building rods & working on my own reels since I was 14,I am now 48,where did the time go???.seen a lot of changes in that time.I thought I did a good job on reels until I got hooked on this forum.Great to learn from everyone & all the input.I am much better at rodbuilding than reel repair,maybe this forum will change that.
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

Bryan Young

Cool, now I got someone else to help answer questions.  Contact Fishead...   :D

I have been wrapping rods since 13.  Got started repairing my own rods.  Yeah, I got a lot of rods that no one wanted as gifts.  Used to wrap for a few stores in Hawaii.  Mostly Ulua rods and whipping rods for papio with a few ultra lights in the mix.  A couple of trolling rods as gifts.  To date, I don't even have one of my rods.  All were sold and some misteriously broken by my friends.

trishul

have any of you guys felt at times a broken rod need not be fixed but can be converted into nice gaff with a cool grip, i personally do this or at times scavange the guides from the rod to keep as spares, strange huh haha well i also have one long three pc rod that i converted into a portable outrigger and its got me many dorado on the deck of some traditional swahili boats i have fished from, a rod is really a multipurpose tool  :)

UKChris

Quote from: trishul on July 29, 2011, 12:30:56 PM
have any of you guys felt at times a broken rod need not be fixed but can be converted into nice gaff with a cool grip, i personally do this or at times scavange the guides from the rod to keep as spares, strange huh haha well i also have one long three pc rod that i converted into a portable outrigger and its got me many dorado on the deck of some traditional swahili boats i have fished from, a rod is really a multipurpose tool  :)

There's only so many gaffs you can use  ;) and don't forget, don't try making one from a multi-piece rod  :-\

anglingarchitect