Displays, Cabinets, Plinths & Such

Started by Tightlines667, July 08, 2015, 07:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Dom, how about a close up of Big Red.....lot of new members probably haven't had that pleasure...

Chris get ready to change drawers again...

1badf350

Hang on. Lemme put on my pants with protection.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

coastal_dan

Don't forget the 12 Yo rule my man, just keeps it PC.  Thanks.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Alto Mare

Everything is cool Chris and thanks for your understanding.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

All I want to know is.......... when will guided tours be available at the Broadway household ?? AKA "Otto's Treasure Chest"  ;) ;)......the guys at Oak Island have been looking for treasure in the wrong place..... all this time it was right in the heart of the big city  ;D ;D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

broadway

Bill, let the missus know that I had about 200 reels in my kitchen cabinets until the day before we got married... that was part of the deal.  Needless to say, as long as they aren't in the kitchen she's a happy lady.  The moral of this story is to put your reels where you know your wife doesn't want them, so when you get them out of there she's just happy they're gone. ;D
LOL, Tours are whenever you get to town.  You and Nancy can come over for a nice meal... we'll start with the Albacore and crackers and maybe some Albacore and Salmon steaks for dinner... that you sent us. ;)
I really appreciate the nice words guys... my wife reminds me that I put an awful lot of time in on hunting and restoring these relics so it's nice to see others appreciate it. 
I admire Brian's site showcasing his beautiful collection all the time.  Talk about an amazing collection! :o
I would love to see Mike's and Ray's some day too!  Hawaii John, John, Dan, George, and a bunch of other guys on here have some pretty impressive stuff that I only dream of being the caretaker of... would love to see them.
John, I'll shoot Daron an email tomorrow with some BIG RED photos (sorry for my computer inadequacies Big D) for those who wanna see her again.
Thanks crew,
Dom

Midway Tommy

My wife picked up the curio on the left for $150 from a craft store lady closing out her inventory. Beautiful curio in new condition with doors on both sides and a one piece etched & beveled front glass. The one on the right is a cool old doored book/display case.

The curio, showing closeups of the top & bottom halves, houses ABU, Zebco, ABU Cardinal & Zebco Cardinal reels. The book/display case is home to some American Classic IVs, which are an upgraded US reproduction of the ABU/Zebco Cardinal 4, and the Japanese made ABU Garcia Cardinal "Green Lines", "Cs", "Green & Cream Special Editions" and "Royal Pluses".

Those two cabinets constitute about 1/4 of my open face spinning reel collection.  
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Dominick

Dom you are still the champ.  Tommy you are looking good also.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

oc1

When I clicked the unread message tab the curio cabinet photo was the first thing to come up.  Must be Tommy's... an sure enough.  A very impressive display Tommy.  This thread is really helping with my rehabilitation.  Look what could happen if you don't change your ways folks  :)
-steve

Maxed Out

Wow, now that's one extensive grouping of Zebco reels. I had no idea they were so diverse.

Tommy, you are blessed with a great wife and soul mate who obviously supports your passion if she bought you the cool curio which fits perfect for your needs. Plus keeping them behind glass keeps them from collecting dust while being displayed for viewing.

Merry Christmas Tommy and thanks for sharing

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

Beautiful cabinet and collection Tom, but looks like you could use another curio. ;D
I like how the ones on the right are spaced, the left looks good too, but the reels could use a little elbow room :).
Nice to have a wife that understands how crazy we are, I do too.
Thanks for sharing those beauties Tom.

Sal

bhale1

Tommy,
Thanks for sharing...quite impressive!!! Looks like your saving space on the bottom shelf or the right cabinet......
Is there actually a model or models your still hunting for, kind of hard to believe ;D
Brett

broadway

Really impressive stash, Tommy. That's not a collection that was amassed overnight, you've been at this a while. I agree with the guys, your wife is a keeper!
Thanks for sharing
Dom