Epic So-cal season, Tuna/Dorado/Yellowtail......... Charter anyone?

Started by Joel.B, July 15, 2015, 04:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel.B

Two very good friends and I are looking to drive down to Southern Cal to get in on the fruits of El Nino.   Anybody here interested in sharing a six-pack?

My friends dont have much offshore experience, one is a mildly disabled Vietnam vet who wont be able to crank on fish much but he loves watching his son catch fish.  I have caught more than my share of these fishes over the years so I will mostly be going along to help my friends to have a good time.

I dont think my friend can handle a 3/4 day party boat, half day boats are too crowded.  Looking for a few guys interested in sharing a boat, and recommendations for good "affordable" boat anywhere from Orange County south.   No real time frame yet- just getting started on putting this together.

esgeo

Khahn of North Cal sportfishing wrote in one of the Coastside Fishing Club threads the other day that he was thinking of taking his boat down south for August and September and if people are interested to drop him an email.  His website  http://www.northcalsportfishing.com and his email is on the website.

I've never fished with him, but people speak very highly of him and it sounds like a good boat for your situation. I know he was already down there fishing YT early in the season when the BFT bite was just starting.  Best wishes for finding something that works for you. If you get something in the works and need more people, I might be interested in hopping on if the timing is right.

Eric

Joel.B

Joel.B

Well, my friend had a couple small strokes and wont be allowed on a boat (his wife loves him) anytime soon. Khan says he wants to take his boat down to chase Tuna, $245 per person per day, up to three anglers. $200 per day if you go for more than one day.

Pretty fair deal IMO

alantani

khanh brings all of his reels here for service.  been thinking of going down, but the schedule is pretty tight. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Rancanfish

I have fished with Khahn and can vouch for his fishiness!  He picked a spot and put me on a sturgeon in 15 minutes!

I met him thru another friend when he was working on his earlier Whaler Outrage. We went to lend a hand and I ended up buying his seats.

A nicer guy you won't find. And he always has the high score at days end.

This sounds like a trip of a lifetime.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

doradoben