argo sportfishing report 7/15/2015

Started by alantani, July 16, 2015, 06:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

I can't add much to yesterday other than I had a BLAST...I finally got to meet Bryan, Dom & Steve...Pleasure all mine. I wish Bryan and Dom felt better but "S" happens and Bryan is a TROOPER  ;D ... Dominick held down the Galley like a Pro!...Alan was a bit rusty on his deckhand skills and tried to release a striper by way of miss netting a couple of times  ;D ;D ;D All fish hooked were brought to the net except for one. Too bad we had to release several illegal fish. If endangered why did we catch so many?  I only have redundant photos except one ... Enjoy  ;D

A light Dinner tonight: Sticky rice, fresh cut Avocado, tomato & bell peppers and of coarse fresh Sashimi...Light buttery Salmon from yesterday, fresh Striped Sea Bass from yesterday and to finish off the trifecta! Some Hamachi...Just because I can!

Alto Mare

Looking good Tim. The way you have it all chopped up, I would heat up a Wok and throw everything in there, along with a glass of white wine and some lemon juice ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Big Tim

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 17, 2015, 01:46:48 AM
Looking good Tim. The way you have it all chopped up, I would heat up a Wok and throw everything in there, along with a glass of white wine and some lemon juice ;D.

That would work well! 

Rancanfish

Boy I have to agree with Sal.  A wok would rock.

The layout is excellent.

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

alantani

this is a shot of one of the silver salmon that we had to release.  the others were identified while they were in the water and shaken off, but this one was unfortunately netted, then release. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

It didn't look that rough, but a side swell put me on my butt.  It's amazing that we actually landed that fish...then released it once we could identify it. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

swill88

It's amazing you hit the deck and held on to the rod!

the rockfish ninja

AWESOME VID!!!
The hat catch was great and it even had it's violent moment when Craig delivered the knockout blow and snuffed out that striper, it was like Goodfellas or something. Action packed, Oscar worthy ;D

(Hey aren't you supposed to edit that stuff out  ::) for the kids & faint of heart   :o)
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

Shark Hunter

I didn't see Dominick in that Chaos! Walk it Around! :D
Life is Good!

Reel 224

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 17, 2015, 12:19:28 AM
Quote from: Reel 224 on July 16, 2015, 06:19:44 PM
So I guess you were in charge of chumming the fish hey, Dominick ;D Well ya still managed to catch one stripe Bass.
I was in charge of chumming yesterday.  Dominick look green but I was the fountain.  lol

I have been there Bryan and I feel both of you guys pain :P Not a pleasant place to be, but the good side is you both caught fish----------------<*{{{{><
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on July 17, 2015, 05:49:41 AM
this is a shot of one of the silver salmon that we had to release.  the others were identified while they were in the water and shaken off, but this one was unfortunately netted, then release. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Carnage! I wanted to walk it around! I tried! Damn glad we got that fish to release!

Bill Karr

I have to comment! This report brought back a lot of memories. I used to fish here all the time for Stripers on the Bass Tub but the hike to parking (I was always solo) and the vertical ladders to the boat are no longer on my list. On one of my last times on a Saturday, I had 3 stripers between 12-15 lbs. under one arm in a plastic fish bag, tackle, rod and lunch bag in the other, and I'm trying to navigate between tourists. Suddenly I fell the fish slipping and I have 2 Stripers on the sidewalk. I'm bent over trying to get everything under control, when I hear this sweet voice asking if I need help. I look up and here's a real cutie bending over in a low cut dress that leaves nothing to the imagination! I thank her and keep going to the car and I've got a smile on my face that lasted all day.
Good memories!
Bill

Bryan Young

In my younger years, I would had ask her for her phone number or if she had time after I dropped the fish off in my truck for a snack.  Yup, I was one of those guys back in my younger days.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

El Pescador

Just left Dominick's home after enjoying a delicious Striped Bass dinner, including Fish Soup (made from the salmon heads), San Francisco Sour Dough Bread, Spinach & garlic, Rice a roni style steamed rice, and marinated FRESH tomatoes.

If you are in San Mateo, Stop by for one of the best meals you could only imagine!!!!!

Giants winning????

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Gadget

excuse my ignorance but are those stripers the same species as those on the US east coast?
A bad days fishing is better than a good day in the office