Completed Pflueger Capitol 1988

Started by Reel 224, July 24, 2015, 08:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

I finished my Pflueger Capital 1988 Today having replaced the drag washers with new Smooth Drags From Dawn. Here are some pictures of the finished reel. I Jeweled the bridge and side plate, also the Star and Crank arm that I purchased from Alan.

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Reel 224

When I put everything back together I used some of the Tungsten Disulfide powder mixed with 321 in the spool bearings, as soon as I get some line spooled on the reel I can try the free spool and make adjustments to the drag, right now I'm not getting as much adjustment as I had expected after installing new drag washers. I may have to try something else to get more adjustment out of the star drag, maybe add a bevel washer. Wish I had a schematic for that reel, I followed what was in there but I'm not sure it was correct. 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Reel 224

Thank you for the complements guys.

Went back into my Pflueger today and made a change to the drag washer arrangement. I added a bevel washer to the top of the stack to give me more adjustment and it worked out perfectly, I haven't loaded the spool with line yet so I can't say how much drag I will get now, but it is significantly more then the stock drag.   

coastal_dan

That looks Awesome!  Very nice.  Looking forward to seeing what you reel in with it!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Reel 224

Quote from: coastal_dan on August 06, 2015, 08:37:33 PM
That looks Awesome!  Very nice.  Looking forward to seeing what you reel in with it!

It will be put to work this fall, I have to get a rod ready for that reel for the end of this month and Sept. and Oct. My main goal is getting threw some health issues that have come up most recently, once those are addressed Ill be ready to go. Thank you for the complements, those mean a lot to me coming from those of you on this site.

Joe   

swill88

Quote from: Reel 224 on July 24, 2015, 08:34:16 PM
I finished my Pflueger Capital 1988 Today having replaced the drag washers with new Smooth Drags From Dawn. Here are some pictures of the finished reel. I Jeweled the bridge and side plate, also the Star and Crank arm that I purchased from Alan.

vert very nice...