New drag needed for c3?

Started by newport, July 29, 2015, 05:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newport

i got a quick question. I noticed i have to tighten down on the star drag some more than I used to, and was wondering if the drag needs to be replaced or is it something else going on? I noticed the bellville washers were slightly corroded so I had to clean them off, but other then that, it Looked okay.

Steve-O

All the questions have been asked and all the answers have been given    :o......just kidding   :D

But YOUR answer just might be here. Mine was.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1512.0

newport

Hi steve. If you're referring to the bellville washers, then no, they are installed correctly. I think it might be the drag, but maybe it might be somethig else as well?

Steve-O

I was just throwing out the C3 tutorial link as a reference source that possibly might have something in the text or pics that could clue you in on yours.

Mine had a bad/very worn yoke which I replaced. Drags were good although I did replace them with new ones of carbontex. Yours could be compressed or worn or both. That's where I would look to start and not crank down too hard on the star if you think you need more drag. It cold strip the threads or cause some damage.

HTH-Steve

exp2000

The drags on the C3's were pretty average to start with.

Provided the metal washers in the drag stack are OK, replace the rest with a Carbontex upgrade.

All mine get this. You should notice considerable improvement.