I don't think it's treatable...(fun, not serious)

Started by coastal_dan, August 07, 2015, 06:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Quote from: Aiala on August 14, 2015, 05:29:19 PM
Quote from: thorhammer on August 14, 2015, 05:10:57 PM
You are unstoppable.

Truly. I am one sick puppy...  ::)

Cracked open this poor reel to find the drag stack not just stuck, but fused together so solidly that I couldn't even slip a razor blade between the washers...  :P

Honestly, it's a crime what some folks do to their equipment.  >:(

Anyway, into the Simple Green bucket it goes, that can usually un-stick the mess so I can start reconditioning.

~A~

I just acquired a 750SS that literally had a over a table of compacted sand inside. BUt also brass main :)

Aiala

Quote from: thorhammer on August 18, 2015, 06:21:48 PM
I just acquired a 750SS that literally had a over a table of compacted sand inside. BUt also brass main. :)

Excellent! It's tough to kill those great old SS spinners. The 750 is one tough customer; I once caught a 50-lb YFT with mine.  ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

thorhammer

how about a progress report on the 113H tanking? Also, terrific feat of the YFT on the 7500SS. Nicely done, that'll work you out on a 30 Wide with a belt.

John

steelfish

Quote from: Aiala on August 14, 2015, 09:11:04 PM
Quote from: coastal_dan on August 14, 2015, 07:36:54 PM
Aiala - My 113HLW was the same way...FUSED. Also, bent eccentric spring as well (not even sure how that happens). I emailed the seller...his response..."felt fine to me"...long llllllooonnnnnggggg sigh followed once I read that. Oh, well.

Dan, I never bother writing back. The way I see it, anyone who would sell a frozen-up mess that "felt fine to me" is obviously an idiot, and I don't waste my time on idiots.  ::)

I just fix it up better than new, and move on.   ;)

~A~

dont you love how a lady always knows how to handle a problem 3x better than any man?

The Baja Guy