Big thank you to Randy for 349 parts to Australia

Started by Rothmar2, August 11, 2015, 10:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothmar2

I would just like to give a big thank you to Randy for his help recently.
I had the opportunity to buy a good condition 349 from off the local classified site (Gumtree). Mike (mhc) was kind enough to pick it up and post it to me as it was in his area.
The only problem was the left plate had a hairline crack coming from the bearing sleeve.
  With virtually no chance of purchasing a replacement here in Australia, I reached out to a couple of members here as well as Randy.
And I'm thrilled to say he came through in spades! I had sent him a photo of the reel for a colour reference, and he has matched it brilliantly.
I also asked about the availability of a replacement spool, as the only other fault with the purchased reel was some slight flaking of the chrome from the spool.
The spool Randy sent me was about as close to mint as you could get.
The plan is to keep this pictured reel stock, as a collection piece.
The replaced spool will go into a project 349 I will be doing after  I complete the Jigmaster I am currently doing. Mike has sent me a set of black plates and some other parts to kick start it.
So to anyone outside the US who is after hard to get parts, I thoroughly recommend getting in touch with Randy. A true gentleman, with service that can not be bettered.
Thanks again Randy. I hope I have cause to call on you again in the future, as it will be a transaction I will have no need to worry over. A pleasure doing business with you!

Rancanfish

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Rothmar2

Just like to add to this thread to show the level of service you can expect to get when dealing with Randy.

I ordered a set of the Cortez Jigmaster plates, and had planned to build a 501 width reel. Needed a spool somewhere though. So I contacted Randy, and got a list of options from him. Went for this Cobalt coloured spool.
But what I am showing is the care he has taken with the packaging. First class!
  So for those in Australia looking for hard to get parts through Randy, rest assured every care is taken with your reels/parts.
 We even worked through a bit of a slip up on my part using Paypal. All taken care of without hassle.

Thanks again Randy for the first class service!

Alto Mare

Randy always delivers!

On another note...you could have made your own ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

I second, third and fourth that sentiment....I'd been hunting a piece months back to complete a Cortez Jiggy, and out of the blue Randy called about two weeks a go that he'd found it and sent it on. Great communication from both he and Tom trying to wrap my head around the correct pairing of frames and plates.

Chris, that's a sweet 349...those caramel handles are my favorite and I'm always looking to pair up with Stren Classic Hi Vis orange. Looks cool on the maroon plates.

Good luck on your build!

John

Rothmar2

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 27, 2016, 10:42:16 AM

On another note...you could have made your own ;D

Mmm, not beyond me, but the anodising would have to be subbed out. The thought has crossed my mind though. Most of my spare work time for the rest of the year will be taken up with making more SS Jigmaster frames. Hoping to make another 4-5 then will move onto something else (the Daiwa or 349 projects). There will be a surprise on they way with the Jiggy frames, y'all just gonna have to wait though!

DaBigOno

Randy is the man!   A true professional with passion for the hobby
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono