Yamaha Grease

Started by GuyA, January 05, 2011, 10:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuyA

Alan, just wanted to give you this site. 

I think this is the correct yamaha grease in 3oz and the large tubes.  I use this site to order all my Yamaha outboard engine site.  They will ship you as much stuff as you can buy for 9.99.  My last order was 70lbs for 9.99.  Not sure how they do that but its a great deal for outboard stuff if you've got a Yamaha and seems to be a good source for buying your grease. 

http://www.simyamaha.com/category_s/1981.htm

alantani

very cool.  note that the 3 ounce tubes are plain grease, not marine.  thanks for the link!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

reel bob

Unless you live in Alaska ...then they want $37.06 UPS Ground >:(

Alto Mare

My suggestion is directed for guys that use Yamha  Marine Grease exclusively.

Alan, what do you think about a refillable 3oz cartridge?
You could ask one of your machinist to make a 3oz refillable cartridge, maybe out of aluminum or anything that is more cost-efficient, he would then install a zerx fitting directly on the gun itself, so there wouldn't be no need to unscrew the gun (we all know the mess that couses) you just back the spring up and fill the gun with a 14oz gun. I realize that we would have to buy the 14oz gun also, but I think it would be worth it in a long run. The only issue is that you would have to sell the complete  customized gun. I bet they would go like hot cakes.......or am I talking out of my you know what? I for one would go for it, I'm sure some of us maintain their boat and trailers, and we all know what it's like using the 14oz grease gun especially under the trailer. (again this is only related to yamaha marine grease use)learning from this product, I will be using it on my outboard and everything else on the boat.
Of course if Yamaha decides to make the 3oz cartridges we would forget about it. :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

i have a box of medium sized nitrile gloves and i wear them when i pack the grease cartridges.  i just cram the grease in by hand.   
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

I see your point Alan. Wouldn't it be a good idea filling the 3oz cartridge using the full size grease gun instead of cramming the gease by hand? I have seen 14oz guns sell for less than $10, that's a small price to pay considering the results. I will give it a try, it might be a good solution. :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

I'm going to have to get a small grease gun to use with the bearing packers I got from Allan, I'll post photos of the modifications I'll do to fill it from one of my real grease guns.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Norcal Pescador

My 14 ounce grease gun has a 90o street ell (elbow with male one end, female on the other end) and a six inch brass nipple on it. I just pump the grease through the open ended nipple into the 3 ounce gun with the handle pulled back. When the small gun is full enough, I put the head back on it, release the plunger handle and I'm all done. I screw a pipe cap on the end of the nipple until the next refill. 8) 8)   The brass nipple and ell cost about $10 and it is less labor intensive. ;D
Rob

**IMPORTANT!!**  You still need an empty grease tube inside the 3 ounce gun!
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Alto Mare

Excellent tip Rob, that makes perfect sense. (why didn't I think of that ::)). Thanks bud! ;)

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 03, 2011, 03:34:27 PM
......... (why didn't I think of that ::)). Thanks bud! ;)
Sal, it's because your thinking level is so much higher and more noble than mine. ;D
Rob

Keta

The new guns don't have room to drill and put in a zirk, I'll have to use norcal's method.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Looks like Rob always has tricks up his sleevs. Thanks for trying Keta, take care, Sal

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 04, 2011, 04:37:16 PM
Looks like Rob always has tricks up his sleevs. Thanks for trying Keta, take care, Sal

;D ;D  Tricks, but no treats. ;D  ;D
Rob

Keta

I finally got a tube of Yamaha Marine Grease and filled my small gun by taking the end off of the gun, sticking in into the large tube, pulling the handle slowly as I slowly pushed grease gun tube into grease.  It filled the grease gun well but I had to wipe grease off the outside of the grease gun. 

Mark Twain

shootera3

What is wrong with filling 3-oz grease gun, without using old paper tube. I tryed , it seems to work fine. I just use the 1-lb can and hand pack.