TUTORIAL: ABU 6500 C3

Started by BigT, January 07, 2011, 12:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Noviceman on August 17, 2017, 02:54:34 PM
Hi...Newbie here and looking at this tutorial and dont see any pictures...just numerous squares saying Please update your acount to enable 3rd party hosting and something about photobucket???    Do I need to do something to view the pictures?   Many thanks for info

No. Photobucket is now holding everyone's third party hosted photos for ransom until they signup to pay a horrendous fee. Unless Tony updates his tutorial with new photos you will just have to read the captions, follow the instructions and take photos (should be standard procedure, anyway) as you disassemble so you have a reference to put it back together. 
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Noviceman

Thanks for update....Will give it a go....always concerned about something flying out when I open it up..want to upgrade to thecarbontec drag washers which I have already purchased..

mo65

Quote from: Noviceman on August 18, 2017, 01:51:52 PM
Thanks for update....Will give it a go....always concerned about something flying out when I open it up..want to upgrade to thecarbontec drag washers which I have already purchased..

Nothing should fly out when you open this one...just be cautious when removing c-clips and tiny parts...and lay parts out in order of removal. Also, photos can still be viewed...ya just have to right click that stupid photobucket "update image" and then select "open photo in new tab". 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Midway Tommy

Also, photos can still be viewed...ya just have to right click that stupid photobucket "update image" and then select "open photo in new tab". 8)
[/quote]

And close all those silly annoying popup adds.  :( Nice tip, Mike! I wasn't aware you could do that.  8)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Recoil Rob

I'm putting new drag washers in my 6500 C4, a question about the Axel Clip (20090) does the flat side go in the cap or the cone shaped side?

Also, I saw Bryn mention Abu "carbon matrix system), when did Abu start installing these and how can I tell? Do they look like CF washers?

thanks,

Rob
My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
   - Errol Flynn

oc1

Quote from: Recoil Rob on June 11, 2019, 03:51:15 AM
flat side go in the cap or the cone shaped side?
That's such a weird flimsy little piece.  The cone points out (to the right on a right hand reel).
-steve

Donnyboat

Yes thanks Mike, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Recoil Rob

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
   - Errol Flynn

Donnyboat

Hi all, I just brought a 6500C3 reel, the double nylon/plastic cog in the line leveler is stripped, it there any secret on how to get that cog out, its a tight fit & I dont want to brake anything, also were may I get another plastic gear, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Wompus Cat

Some of those are Pressed on . I heat them up with a high heat Hair dryer and pop em off    and or since it is broke anyway just drill some holes around the center to relive the pressure and pop it off. Then put the replacement in some real hot water to make it easier to pop back on  . Spares are harder to get these days BUT if you don't find one quick or another member don't have it yell at me you have my e-mail .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Donnyboat

Good thanks Billy, I just brought a few ABU ambassadeur parts, I have the same part for a 7000, but not the one I have, this good one I have has more teeth, keep well cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Pieter Arie

I did it this way.

The new one can be pushed on quite easy.

Grt Piet

tincanary

Yes, this cog has an E clip, but this is for demonstrational purposes only.  A length of braid, I think this is 30lb, terminated with a strong knot and wrapped around a wrench.  Position the line so it comes up on opposing sides and pull up to remove the cog.

Donnyboat

Gee Peit thanks for the u tube, one of the very few u tube that has a good volume.

Mr Canary, good clue there to thanks.
     I decided to remove my line level permanently, much better for casting, & lets face it if I can guide the line onto a 6/0 Senator, then I will be able to manage a narrow spool like this.
     I had trouble with the reel refusing to turn when I placed it back together, so after 3 or 4 attempts, I remove the two plastic parts 20211, had know trouble after that, with them gone, that should, improve free spool, more for casting, now braid.
     I had some 16 strand braid here, the label it said, fishing corner, 60lb 500M thickness 0.29mm it is multi colour changes colour every 10 M, so 25 x 10 =250 m, they call the braid Japanese technology, made in China, cant recall what I paid for it, now, hope this helps someone, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

bb2fish

Old thread, I know, but I'm having the same issue as NoviceMan viewing the photos on the tutorial. There are no links where the photos are supposedly located in the tutorial, just the text descriptions.  I'll try fumbling thru this reel, but I always appreciate seeing the tutorials and experiences on alantani.com before tearing into a reel.  Thanks.