keta octagon adapters for 112h and 113h

Started by steelfish, August 22, 2015, 01:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

hey Lee, forgot to say thanks for these great adapters for my 112h and 113h reels, I just got them from you few weeks ago and still working on my reels to make them double dog.

they look super great and since Im just starting to upgrade my reels (one upgraded part for each month or so) Im pretty sure my reels now have more available drag powa' from what they can handle with the stock parts.

according to Sal test 112h octagon adapter will offer 26# of drag on a 112h !! holy guacamole !! my stock gears will got shredded before this drags give up.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7564.0

I expect the same results on the 113h adapter for sure, I will keep the drag on a safe zone until at least get a metal gear sleeve for both reels

the only other SS upgrade part that both reels have is your SS dogs for both

this is only thing I still have a question, whats the best or recommended CF thickness for the adapter?
any kind of CF thicnkness .70mm 1mm or 1.3mm is good to go or better just cut an octagonal fugure to an stock HT-100 drag washers for 112 and 113h?

I got lost in this comment from Sal
Quote from: Alto Mare on April 13, 2013, 02:28:09 PM
I've tested the smaller octagon washers to 25lb and did good.

Lee is right about the fiber washers, they need to be thicker and laminated.

PS: Lee told me that he still have few 112h and 113h adapters in case someone want to try them, just send him a PM or email

The Baja Guy

steelfish

Lee or any other drag gurus guys.

any comment on which CF drag thickness is recommended on this adapters and why?

ht-100 cut to fit or carbontex drags with no fiber core?
The Baja Guy

Three se7ens

You want something with a hard fiberglass core. I use the sheets from cfdrag on eBay, they are good quality. Sal has seen 1mm washers round off the corners at high drag in the octagon inserts.

Ron Jones

I run the 17 fiberglass core sheet with 155 metals. I can fit 2 drag disks with no problem and that equates to more drag than my 5:1 geared 501 needs. Brought in a nice mud marlin last year at Cedros on the 112H even though my horrible cut job on the CF caused some slipping near the end.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

steelfish

thanks Guys

for now I will just cut some stock HT-100 drags to fit in the octagon adapter they have the fiberglass core, I think that will be enough until getting more upgrades for my 113h

The Baja Guy

handi2

I have some 1.10 mm sheets I was going to send back. I can send you some. Just PM your address. I think they were $20.00 per sheet.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

steelfish

few months ago I installed the Keta Octagon adapter to my 113h and worked like a charm

Well, now it was time for the smaller sibbling, eventho I already have the same octagon adapter for the 112h, I havent had the time to install it, until yesterday.

excellent work Lee, pretty reel is pretty smooth and feel like a seconds chance for this reel to catch a lot more fishes, this reel was forgotten at the bottom of a big box of broken reel on a friends house, he give it to me because for him it wasnt even worth the time and money to fix it.. what do they know, right guys?

it was also double dogged, of course with SS dogs from Lee, and it also has delrin washer under the main gear and at the top of the drag stack

awesome job Keta, now my reel sounds like a revolver when you turn the handle..

The Baja Guy

Keta

Thank you for the follow up, I'm glad you can use them.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cone

Lee, if you ever have any more of these cut I'd like to buy a couple. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

ghillbe