it has been a long time since my last post

Started by Dave RI, August 27, 2015, 11:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave RI

Guys ,I joined this forum a few years ago and then disappeared to build my business , well a lot has changed i have been able to build my business to a full time venture and have added some exciting stuff to the shop , my latest purchase to add to our manual machine shop is a brand new Tormach 1100 cnc machine with 4th axis capabilities !!! I plan to start using this to  make these custom parts that my customers are looking for as well as making those hard to find parts . To date we have made handle prototypes for van Staal reels and just the other day we cut a new spool clicker gear for the old Diawa 7000 c spinning reel . With this machine the sky is the limit . Pretty big investment but it is what i did at my past job it just made sense to to put the 2 together . I hope from this point in i can share more of my work here . Enough about me Alan the site looks great as usual there is a huge following which is great !! Keep up the great work moderators.   

Shark Hunter

Welcome back Dave!
That is a fine piece of equipment you have there. :o
Life is Good!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Dave RI

Thank you guys !! I am looking forward to doing more with the machine . i will keep everyone posted

alantani

you know, dave, if you start putting together enough custom parts and need a place to store the photos, i can make you a separate board and you can start cataloging the parts and give guys a chance to see what you make, and even start ordering.  it takes a minute to make up a board.  mull it over and let me know.  the offer will always be open. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dave RI

Hi Alan ,

That would be great !!! I would really appreciate you doing that , i still have more playing to do with the machine but i will have a whole line of custom parts i plan to make and sell . Thanks again for this site i missed checking in but it has just been really busy these days . I hope all is well with you 

alantani

give me the name of your shop and i will put a board together for you.  take lots of pictures!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Rancanfish

Awrighty!  It's always exciting to see what's going to be coming. 

Welcome back Dave....
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Alto Mare

Nice to have you back Dave. Post some pics of what you've been making.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dave RI

Thanks guys for the welcome back !!! Alan the name of my shop is Beavertail Rod And Reel my website is www.beavertailrodandreel.com i will be posting pics asap i promise !!

Dave RI

Here is a few more parts i have made , 1st is a new stainless disc made for an old LLBean fly reel a customer needed fixed , second is an old aluminum mold that we filled the ring area in and re machined the ring into the mold, third is an actual sign made for a customer , and forth is a handle replacement on an older Penn reel  . More to come