Hi all, i have just picked up a Shakespeare 2151 reel in great condition
for $10 and would like to service and check it before adding to my
collection.
Information about these reels is hard to find even on the net
What i would like is a schematic diagram, and a copy of the original
handbook.
I even contacted Shakespeare,but they said to contact Shakespeare
Australia, as they would have sold it new here
No luck, they wont even answer my emails.
So who out there in "Tani" land knows anything about them, and
would like to share.

Cheers Pete

PeteC

Some more photos

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

PeteC

Thanks for that link Shark Hunter, got a mate who speaks Italian, so  he can translate for me
Also found this one, good photos and some interesting info,but light on tech details

www.shakespearman.freepage.cz

Cheers Pete

Alto Mare

We have an iternational team, that wouldn't be a problem here. We also have Dominick that is fluent in Giargianese. ;)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

tristan

PeteC,

I have what appears to be the exact same reel, badged as a "Gilfin 500".    The layout matches, including the two screws on the left side plate, and where there is a shiny silver badge mine has the gilfin logo.    I've seen several for sale on ebay UK, so there must have been a vendor re-badging them for the UK market.

From looking at many ebay listings, I believe it was a Olympic manufactured reel.   Perhaps we can locate some diagrams for the Dolphin series and have something close enough?

It's in pretty good shape, acquired in a box 'o reels of many types.    It seems like a solid reel, though mine has a issue with two foot screws; they are rusted in place on the left hand plate and have thus far resisted my efforts to remove.    In the meantime I'm going to disassemble and service via the head plate side.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 27, 2015, 10:13:53 PM
We have an iternational team, that wouldn't be a problem here. We also have Dominick that is fluent in Giargianese. ;)

Sal
What?  I never heard the word before today.  It seems it is a dialect from Milano.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dominick on December 18, 2015, 04:20:16 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on August 27, 2015, 10:13:53 PM

Sal
What?  I never heard the word before today.  It seems it is a dialect from Milano.  Dominick
You could google it, but probably won't show up. This is a very old word often used by the Italians and not the Italians wanna be ;D.
Some other meaning for that same word: giving a speech from a ripped book, talking flat and round at the same time.
The best translation I could give you for Giargianese in English is "talking in riddles"  ;D.
All in good fun buddy ;).
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

handi2

I'm sure it's just like the Olympic Dolphin and Garcia Mitchell reels made in Japan. It will probably use Penn's 6-60 drag washers.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL