Very interesting ebay 112h

Started by AlasKen, August 28, 2015, 04:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlasKen

Steve-O

I see the 114-H on the one side plate. The other side plate almost looks like the fish image is debossed instead of embossed or standing proud.  No, looks like the lighting is causing that.

What ARE you getting is a good question.

AlasKen

It is embossed or standing proud.  When I picked up the box it was obvious it was bigger than a 112.  Since I was in the market for a 114 as well no harm no foul.  The fact that both Ebay listings used the same photo and listing info makes me curious as to what I will end up with.  I will know more when I open it but I think the 114 will become a tank candidate.  Should make a heck of a AK slab halibut reel.  I am still hoping for a 112.

David Hall

Interesting, who knows what you'll get.
Follow up the curious need to know.
Congratulations and sorry I don't think your getting the 112 you were looking for.

Aiala

The eccentric lever is on backwards. Happens all the time... I got a 9/0 once like that.   :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

newport

I was thinking the lever looked a little short. Didn't notice it was on backwards until you mentioned it.

AlasKen

My resolution is to keep 2 114h reels.  As anticipated these were the same.  They were a matched set his dad bought in 82.  He had been storing them since his dad passed.  He used the "sell one like this" option but had the wrong reel.  The reels are in OK shape.  Need to be gone over before being fished.  My winter project will be to create a tank out of one and use it for some salmon sharking. I am sure to have a lot of questions especially where to find a red aluminum frame.

The seller offered a full refund and shipping if I wanted to return. I felt it was an honest mistake. 

The good news is I also won a minimum bid 112h so I will also look to build a mini tank to use for lingcod and chicken halibut.  Maybe some king salmon as well.  I will be looking for the same info on it.  Where to find a red frame and SS inner parts.  I know I want some AT handles as I really like them on my other reels.  

Winter is just around the corner here, freeze warning tonight.  Ken

Shark Hunter

Look forward to the builds Ken. The 114H is a heck of a reel.
Life is Good!

George4741

Another thing I noticed was the winning bids were very low ($24.50 and $35.00).  NICE!  On the reels I want the bidding gets way out of hand.

On a related note, I was recently ebaying for a Penn 180 and found two different sellers using the same photos.???  I didn't bid on either of them as I couldn't be sure of what I would get.
viurem lliures o morirem