New Pro Gear Model being released? V50 - Vengeance 50

Started by sundaytrucka, August 29, 2015, 09:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundaytrucka

Saw this on bloody decks...no info on foreign or domestic production, or if they are actual Pro Gear production reels or people doing a run of updated re-production reels, but very cool for the Pro Gear enthusiasts.

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/coming-soon-new-pro-gear-reel-v50.600182/
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

eldoradoman

I just purchased a v40. I posted some photos of the internals on this post.  I was going to do a quick tutorial but didn't have a chance.  If you have any questions let me know.
http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/new-production-progear-reels-forsale.609932/page-2#post-3966367

Squiggy

otownjoe

eldoradoman

I haven't had a chance to fish with it yet.  The freespool was only about 20seconds before taking it apart and greasing it up.  Then I got about 40seconds. I think if the right sideplate bushing is replaced with a bearing it would be better as well. I'll get a better idea if how that translates into casting once I get out with it.

mmayo

I talked with Danny at SavoOn Tackle (a true ProGear guy) and he showed me a couple of the new reels.  Fit and finish were very nice and have a very solid feel.   Should be a nice reel for anyone wanting a solid star drag reel.

By the way Danny was the guy you met at ProGear if you visited the factory in the City of Industry.  He is a great guy that really knew his stuff.  He helped me countless times with the many reels of mine and those of all the Barking Spiders.
Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.

mackereljoe

All this years, I thought Danny is the owner and sold the Pro Gear name to a Taiwanese manufacturer.  Thanks.

juicebruiser

I just won the V50 from a raffle through United Composites USA while fishing the Eldorado on their sponsored trip. THere is no Country of Manufacture listed anywhere.

natch!

My V20 says made in Taiwan on the bottom of the reel foot.
I used it on the Spirit of Adventure trip last week and caught at least 6 nice yellowtails. It performed perfectly. On the way back to SD Lee (Keta) took it apart and we checked out the innards. Everyone seemed to be impressed.

Jack

bigggfish

Good video at Charkbait.com which discusses the history of ProGear and the new reels (at least through the V40's.

Rancanfish

I think these reels look good but I'm going to wait until I see a John Tuttle break down and review!  Hi John.  8)
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.