Evapo-Rust

Started by SteveL, September 04, 2015, 03:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveL

I know I've mentioned Evapo-Rust a couple of times on different threads.   I bought a quart for $10 a month or so ago to remove rust from some steel gears, clickers and the clicker gear on the spool.  It has worked great, and despite soaking rusted parts and every lightly rusted socket, driver bit or wrench I could find, I have used less than half the quart (and that half is still being used to soak parts in a jar). 

A bit of info from the company website:
Rapidly removes rust from ferrous metal and stainless steel.
Non-corrosive, non-flammable, non-toxic
Biodegradable, Contains no VOC's or HAP's
Contains no solvents, acids, bases or hazardous ingredients
Works at room temperature, requires no special equipment
Easy and safe to use
Safe on soft metals, plastic, rubber, PVC and other surfaces unharmed by water alone
Inhibits rust from reforming for up to 4 weeks
Will not pit or discolor un-rusted steel

EVAPO-RUSTâ„¢ has been proven effective to remove even deep rust on all types of
mild steel and iron. It is safe on all surfaces and will not harm copper, brass,
aluminum, plastic, rubber or vinyl. EVAPO-RUSTâ„¢ is non-toxic, non-corrosive,
biodegradable and contains no acids or alkalis. It is non-flammable and contains no
petroleum solvents.

The reason I am posting this is that a liquidator called "Ollie's Outlet" (similar to Big Lots) is selling this stuff for $3.99 a quart or $9.99 a gallon.   If you have rust and live near an Ollie's, that is about half of retail. 

Not affiliated with either Ollie's or Evapo-Rust. 

Rancanfish

My nearest Ollie's is only 1,800 miles or so.  Back in a minute...... :D
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

SteveL

Quote from: Rancanfish on September 04, 2015, 03:19:32 PM
My nearest Ollie's is only 1,800 miles or so.  Back in a minute...... :D

;D

I thought some people might be close enough to take advantage of the deal.  Worst case, they sell it at O'rielly's auto parts, advance auto (I think) and Tractor Supply.  Price seems to be around  $10 a quart or $20 a gallon.

I still want to try the Corrosion X rust remover.