Vintage Pflueger schematics - 1419 3/4 and Oceanic 2178

Started by sdlehr, September 09, 2015, 03:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdlehr

I'm looking for these old Pflueger schematics - I'm wondering if they ever existed..... I've looked at all the links listed in this section (some more than once). Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

sdlehr

Well, so far 115 people have viewed this, and no response, so I'll assume there are none anywhere and that they probably never existed in the first place. Thanks for looking.
Sid Lehr

sdlehr

For anyone interested, I've located parts lists at Glenn's Reel Repair in Des Moines, IA - they don't have schematics, but a parts list might help (if they also have the parts).
Sid
Sid Lehr

Rancanfish

I'm sure if someone here had some info they would step up to help you Sid.

I once had a heck of a time locating a schematic for a much newer reel. Finally just tore it open and went for it.

Hope you find what you are looking for.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Dominick

Sid I cannot help on the schematic, but if you take photos of the reel as you take it apart you should be okay when putting it back together.  You are in Philadelphia and Sal is in Havertown.  I'm sure he would be willing to help.  If you ship it to me I will work on it and send it back after doing a tutorial on this site.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bluefish69

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

sdlehr

Hi guys, sorry, I had stopped monitoring for answers. Dominick, I've got the photo thing down, but I'm not sure the thing is correctly assembled now, so reassembling it incorrectly won't help much. I'm in S Florida though, not in Philly. I've more experience and knowledge than I had when I originally posted this, so it's probably time to crack it open and give it another shot.
Sid Lehr

Swami805

Greetings, Just received my 1419 3/4 templar. Just wondering if anyone has gotten anywhere with a schematic for this Pflueger. Man this thing is beefy. Might be best to clean it up and get it shiny and not get to a point of no return for me anyway. I'll get some pictures up later.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

mo65

Quote from: sdlehr on September 09, 2015, 03:19:02 AM
I'm wondering if they ever existed.....

Me too Sid. I have a collection of Pfluegers and most are boxed with original pamphlets. All are the same...lots of info how to maintain the reel...and even parts lists with numbers...but not a single schematic! :-\
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Makule

Have never seen a schematic, but have taken apart and reassembled lots of Templars.  If you need assistance, I may be able to help.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

sdlehr

Thanks Albert, I'm good, Chad straightened me out a few months ago.

Sid
Sid Lehr

Swami805

Thanks Makule, I got it partially apart, There was no corrosion and it looked pretty clean, so I cleaned  the external metal parts to get the smaltz off and put her back together. Truely an impressive piece of machinery, that giant clicker gear,the thickness and simplicity of the internal parts and those clever little sliding ports for lubrication. Great reel, I'll see if I can get some pictures up later.
Do what you can with that you have where you are