AVET HXJ Assembly Problem

Started by jimbo450, September 23, 2015, 05:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbo450

I have just serviced my JX RAPTOR and now finished my HXJ RAPTOR. With the right side plate screwed on with the 4 screws I can turn the handle and the spool moves properly BUT there is no FREE SPOOL at all. I try to move the spool in the direction to take out line and the spool will not rotate to let line off the spool...its like an anti-reverse bearing is keeping it locked. I have had this HXJ torn apart about a dozen times now and the same result keeps happening. I turned the handle when positioning the right side plate to make sure the dogs were properly seated. I had the same problem when trying to put together the JX RAPTOR also. All the bearings are bi-directional that are on the spindle so I have not reversed a bearing in the rebuild. The spool should move freely before I put on the drag lever assembly. What am I doing wrong on the assembly of the RAPTORS?? 

Keta

Are the pins in the drag plate lined up?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

SoCalAngler

Did you play around with how the belleville washers were stacked?

Here is a basic service video for the JX Raptor and the HX should be very close to the same.

SoCalAngler

Also, one other thing did you make sure the the lever was fully in the freespool position when installing the preset knob?